Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just be cautious of the spindles. I've known a couple people buy ebay ones and have a hell of a time getting back into alignment. I've also heard the opposite too, but if it were me I'd always go with mcgaughys or belltech for spindles at the least.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just be cautious of the spindles. I've known a couple people buy ebay ones and have a hell of a time getting back into alignment. I've also heard the opposite too, but if it were me I'd always go with mcgaughys or belltech for spindles at the least.

Do you have a link to those

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Idk man I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just a slight drop. More importantly I want to use the drop to give me a reason to replace and revamp a lot of stuff, preemptive stuff. Hubs, sway bars and bushings, endlinks tie rods all that fun stuff all at once and be done. Is like to clean up all the rust under there as well and apply some paint/undercoating

tooeasy

Reaction score
One thing I don't remember seeing mentioned in this thread. When I lowered my Tahoe last summer (see post #162), my truck developed a transmission fluid leak at slip yoke. The lowering process forces the slip yoke deeper onto the tailshaft (driveshaft moves forward).
If you live in the rust belt, you may need to clean the crust off the slip yoke. The picture shows the differences in where the seal rides before and after. Fortunately, I was able to clean mine and stop the leak with a new seal.

Tahoe Slip Yoke 3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep