Austinite's 07 Escalade Blacked Out on 35s Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn, gonna miss seeing that truck around, especially with the avy bumper. Cant wait to see what you do with the esky.
Well thanks brother, I'm gonna miss her too. And so far I'm really liking this Escalade...she's definitely gonna be fun to work on.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed some DNA Motoring HDS-GY99 Stainless Steel Exhaust Shorty Headers a while back and got lucky with only 4 broken exhaust manifold bolts. I managed to get most of them out by welding a nut on them wrenching them out, but the rear driver side was too hard to get so I just used the Dorman repair clamp on that one. I also did the WWP Dual Tip Exhaust / Resonator Delete Kit and a Magnaflow 12909 Muffler. The sound everything added is subtle until you get on it...then it's awesome and it definitely added some low end torque.

While I was in there I went ahead and did the ACDelco Iridium Spark Plugs and put the ACDelco 9748RR Wire Set and wrapped them in some titanium spark plug boot protector sleeves.

2007_escalade_shorty_headers_driver_Side.jpg

2007_escalade_shorty_headers_passenger_side.jpg

2007_escalde_wwp_dual_tip_resonator_delete.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. How's the sound?

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. How's the sound?
It's a little more throaty when I'm just cruising around town or idling, but when I floor it on the highway it sounds awesome. No drone whatsoever, which is nice. I might do some high flow cats to get a little more sound out of it later on too.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the older style original console lid that came with the 2007 Escalades, so I found a good deal on an entire center console out of 2013 and just took the lid from it. Looks so much better.

2013_escalade_console_lid_upgrade.jpg

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally installed my 3" lift spindles, 3" rear coil spring spacers, Bilstein 24-187237 Rear Shocks and 35x12.50R22 Venom Tires on Escalade Black Replica 22"x9" wheels. I had to trim a bunch off the front bumper, the rear inner fender, and the power running boards to fit the 35s.

2007_escalde_lift_35s_driver_side.jpg

2007_escalde_lift_35s_passenger_side.jpg

2007_escalde_lift_35s_rear.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang that looks good! I can imagine that rubs a LOT! Or at least did before your trimming. Does it rub on the inner fenders on the front either when turning or going over big bumps down the road?

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some of those cheesy MGP Cadillac Red Caliper Covers from Amazon Warehouse, but only because they were an open box and $15 instead of $245. They actually look pretty good and 3 people have already asked me where I got them. We'll see how they hold up. I was going to do all new rotors and pads, but the previous owner must have done them right before he sold it to me because they have at least 65% life left.

cadilac_caliper_covers.jpg

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that looks good! I can imagine that rubs a LOT! Or at least did before your trimming. Does it rub on the inner fenders on the front either when turning or going over big bumps down the road?
Thanks! It definitely rubbed like crazy before I trimmed everything, and a little afterwards...but after I had it aligned it's almost perfect now. I will probably do a little more trimming on the front inner fenders by the running boards just for good measure though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu