My Resto-Mod Odyssey - '08 Tahoe LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leveling kit ordered and inbound.
Will advise.
;)
Very easy, 1 hour job start to finish. Start on passenger side that will take 35 min have a beer break for 10 min, then for the next 15, finish up the driver side and put your tools away. :)

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done any mods in quite a while. I'm actually at the point where I'm considering selling her off. I know: blasphemy. Allow me to explain.

Older daughter just graduated from college, already has a 'real job' and is about to move into an apartment. Her daily commute will be on the metro, which she can walk to, and she'll use her boyfriend's car on the few occasions when she actually needs wheels. This means that she'll leave her car at home with wifey and me. I'm thinking about driving it as a daily.

It's an Audi A4 with the 2-liter turbo 4-cyl. It's got 50k fewer miles on it than are on my Tahoe, it's 3 model years younger, the fuel economy is obviously better, and I've just about run out of needs to justify running a full-size SUV as a DD. No kids or kids' friends needing rides here & there; no kids' sports requiring lots of gear or teammates in the vehicle.

I hate the idea of having a perfectly good vehicle just sit for extended periods----especially while paying insurance and annual property tax on it. Seriously pondering selling her and doing something more useful with her cash value than just parking her.

Maybe I'm crazy. :confused:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't done any mods in quite a while. I'm actually at the point where I'm considering selling her off. I know: blasphemy. Allow me to explain.

Older daughter just graduated from college, already has a 'real job' and is about to move into an apartment. Her daily commute will be on the metro, which she can walk to, and she'll use her boyfriend's car on the few occasions when she actually needs wheels. This means that she'll leave her car at home with wifey and me. I'm thinking about driving it as a daily.

It's an Audi A4 with the 2-liter turbo 4-cyl. It's got 50k fewer miles on it than are on my Tahoe, it's 3 model years younger, the fuel economy is obviously better, and I've just about run out of needs to justify running a full-size SUV as a DD. No kids or kids' friends needing rides here & there; no kids' sports requiring lots of gear or teammates in the vehicle.

I hate the idea of having a perfectly good vehicle just sit for extended periods----especially while paying insurance and annual property tax on it. Seriously pondering selling her and doing something more useful with her cash value than just parking her.

Maybe I'm crazy. :confused:
Sounds legit ;)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were selling it a long time ago, then you detailed it and started modding again. So, no surprise and your logic is sound. I don't know what you're into outside of work, but if it's anything that requires a truck, you could always pick up something cheap that you wouldn't mind letting it sit so much.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were selling it a long time ago, then you detailed it and started modding again. So, no surprise and your logic is sound. I don't know what you're into outside of work, but if it's anything that requires a truck, you could always pick up something cheap that you wouldn't mind letting it sit so much.

She’s been a good vehicle to have for these past few years, and I’m glad that I bought her. There’s literally been a ton of times where I needed to haul 7-8 kids or big, bulky college dorm stuff, or family & gear for a week’s vacation. But stuff changes....

Will decide and keep you posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE