Morimoto MH1 Bi-Xenon Retrofit in Tahoe - Build Thread - FINISHED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, because if the heat from your radiator caused that, think what a hot summer day parked in direct sunlight would do. The insides of headlights are like the inside of a car with the windows rolled up. Glad you got it sorted out.

its gonna ruin that seal faster then the dash will crack!! :Big Laugh:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stinks, definitely glad you caught that one.
Do you think it could be the quality of the butyl as well?

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stinks, definitely glad you caught that one.
Do you think it could be the quality of the butyl as well?

No, its since has been setting up fine, it was the cheap ass chinese headlights. They dont have a clip in a spot where the OEM ones do, and Im also not 100% convinced it didnt have something to do with the fact i STUFFED the channels full of it. Too much could have heaved it out, but also the clips were never really right after the warming sessions. After driving it around today it is holding up just fine and everything is aimed properly now. Going out on date night with wifey so we will see the new beams

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, its since has been setting up fine, it was the cheap ass chinese headlights. They dont have a clip in a spot where the OEM ones do, and Im also not 100% convinced it didnt have something to do with the fact i STUFFED the channels full of it. Too much could have heaved it out, but also the clips were never really right after the warming sessions. After driving it around today it is holding up just fine and everything is aimed properly now. Going out on date night with wifey so we will see the new beams

I gotcha.
I got my kit yesterday but, I didn't pick which set of headlights I was going to get. Would you recommend the ones you got or find another set?
Have fun tonight. Date nights are fun. Few and far between here haha.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotcha.
I got my kit yesterday but, I didn't pick which set of headlights I was going to get. Would you recommend the ones you got or find another set?
Have fun tonight. Date nights are fun. Few and far between here haha.

Theres nothing wrong with the lights I got, they just have cheap clips. Obviously OEM headlights are the best but then you have to deal with permaseal which can be super frustrating to open up. It really doesnt matter that much, just buy a pair you like and go from there

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depo makes pretty decent headlights for the NNBS SUV’s and Pickups. That’s what I bought for my Silverado, they are decent for the money and fairly easy to work with.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went through my kit this afternoon. They make some quality stuff. Only thing missing was my shrouds, oopsy. They're going to mail them out Monday. Real cool people at Lightworkz, I'd recommend them if anyone was going to get retro parts.

Theres nothing wrong with the lights I got, they just have cheap clips. Obviously OEM headlights are the best but then you have to deal with permaseal which can be super frustrating to open up. It really doesnt matter that much, just buy a pair you like and go from there

Gotcha, I'll check them out again. I got OEM to replace original ones after they frosted over, not sure I want to go through the hassle with them on my first retro.
Also, did you use an oven or did you go with a make shift one with a heat gun?

Depo makes pretty decent headlights for the NNBS SUV’s and Pickups. That’s what I bought for my Silverado, they are decent for the money and fairly easy to work with.

Thanks man, I'll check them out as well.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wanted depo originally but i couldnt find them...but that doesnt mean my searching skills sucked.

Went through my kit this afternoon. They make some quality stuff. Only thing missing was my shrouds, oopsy. They're going to mail them out Monday. Real cool people at Lightworkz, I'd recommend them if anyone was going to get retro parts.

Gotcha, I'll check them out again. I got OEM to replace original ones after they frosted over, not sure I want to go through the hassle with them on my first retro.
Also, did you use an oven or did you go with a make shift one with a heat gun?

1000% support the Lightwerkz team! great bunch of dudes! They started out as some guys in a garage working on Subaru's and then blew up from there.

The original open was in the oven, then once i realized it was all butyl, i went lazy with heat gun. Use clamps to get em back tight. Since thats happened no issues.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping, since its been a good year now since you completed this. Glad to see they made a more suitable projector for these since my adventure, which was pretty extensive with the cutting. These turned out great and got that dreamy result a good quality HID and projector give!

Might be ripping these AlphaRex units out afterall.....

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its also looks like the output shots might have gone away...no idea what happened there, since I have a Pro flickr account...i pay for that ish to work haha...anyway...i've got some new shots i can post here so you can see the excellence that can be had.

Low beams and fogs out on the skreet

full

Same spot but with (2) high beams on and the fogs

full

I dont loose many light flashing battles haha.

heres another on the road....everything is right where its supposed to be, i have yet to get flashed by on coming traffic

full

original output shot in a parking lot

full

The wet performance doesnt suffer a bit. Cant say about snow, i didnt go out in it this year but in previous years its like warp speed from star wars hahaha