Morimoto MH1 Bi-Xenon Retrofit in Tahoe - Build Thread - FINISHED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That light output is awesome.

I had a Acura TSX retrofit I my old Trailblazer SS and now driving a ‘15 Yukon Denali XL makes me really appreciate the performance of a good headlight retrofit.

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Its also looks like the output shots might have gone away...no idea what happened there, since I have a Pro flickr account...i pay for that ish to work haha...anyway...i've got some new shots i can post here so you can see the excellence that can be had.

Low beams and fogs out on the skreet

full

Same spot but with (2) high beams on and the fogs

full

I dont loose many light flashing battles haha.

heres another on the road....everything is right where its supposed to be, i have yet to get flashed by on coming traffic

full

original output shot in a parking lot

full

The wet performance doesnt suffer a bit. Cant say about snow, i didnt go out in it this year but in previous years its like warp speed from star wars hahaha

I took delivery of a 2011 Tahoe LTZ and these lights look amazing. I like the output. So I'm going to try this on my vehicle. Some of the links are dead for the parts. Would you mind giving me directions on parts to order?
Thanks!

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the bulk of the materials you will need

https://lightwerkz.net/collections/universal-kits/products/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-iii-h1

also take a look at @RichardCranium 's thread, he took much better pictures of the work to do. its like 2 or 3 posts down from this one

@mnjeepmale feel free to message me if you have any questions, or you can just reply to my thread or Geoff's here. I am sure @Geoffsfas10 won't mind helping either, I reached out to him for a few things during my install as well. :)

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/morimoto-bi-xenon-retrofit-installation-thread.126035/

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished a quad retrofit on my 08 Silverado. I regret not having the new Acme mini H1’s etched to match the original Morimoto mini H1’s so I just ordered some with the same design and 4 matching bulbs. I’ll open them up and swap them when they come in. I mistakenly ordered 4300k the last time. If you thing one set of projectors is bright, you should see 2, especially when you hit high beam and all 4 shutters open.

661466E0-5193-4AA8-91C1-68B36855DCFE.jpeg D185F062-C789-4A0B-B733-C2D42D3FD194.jpeg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I just finished a quad retrofit on my 08 Silverado. I regret not having the new Acme mini H1’s etched to match the original Morimoto mini H1’s so I just ordered some with the same design and 4 matching bulbs. I’ll open them up and swap them when they come in. I mistakenly ordered 4300k the last time. If you thing one set of projectors is bright, you should see 2, especially when you hit high beam and all 4 shutters open.

View attachment 276602 View attachment 276603

Whatchew doin wit dem Acme projectors U takin out???

My boy is looking to do a retrofit on his 1991 S-10 Blazer and is on a super tight budget since he is only 14 and busy with school.

I already have a set of H4 diamondback headlights from one of my other trucks that he is planning on opening to install the projectors in.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatchew doin wit dem Acme projectors U takin out???

My boy is looking to do a retrofit on his 1991 S-10 Blazer and is on a super tight budget since he is only 14 and busy with school.

I already have a set of H4 diamondback headlights from one of my other trucks that he is planning on opening to install the projectors in.
PM returned.

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
@mnjeepmale feel free to message me if you have any questions, or you can just reply to my thread or Geoff's here. I am sure @Geoffsfas10 won't mind helping either, I reached out to him for a few things during my install as well. :)

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/morimoto-bi-xenon-retrofit-installation-thread.126035/

Thanks for the support. I'm looking to do this in the Springtime when it's warmer. I want to replace the factory headlight housing as it has a lot of scratches. @Geoffsfas10 posted a link on page 1 but those are showing out of stock. Any suggestion on housing replacement to start with?

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there room to put a projector in the high beam spot as well for quad projectors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz