Morimoto MH1 Bi-Xenon Retrofit in Tahoe - Build Thread - FINISHED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there room to put a projector in the high beam spot as well for quad projectors

Quad retros have been done on a rare occasion.
Not sure why they aren't s popular, probably cost but. Also not sure what more is involved in doing a quad install.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quad retros have been done on a rare occasion.
Not sure why they aren't s popular, probably cost but. Also not sure what more is involved in doing a quad install.
I just did a quad on my 08 Silverado and it’s not much harder. Most of the work is opening up the lights and once that’s done you just do the projector install twice. It can be expensive if you’re using Morimoto projectors and ballasts etc. as those parts can add up fast. I went with Acme projectors and ballasts for the high beam locations because I already had enough light with the Morimotos so I just wanted some additional plus I was going for a balanced look. I hated the big chrome reflector bowls sitting next to the nice black projectors and shrouds.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a quad on my 08 Silverado and it’s not much harder. Most of the work is opening up the lights and once that’s done you just do the projector install twice. It can be expensive if you’re using Morimoto projectors and ballasts etc. as those parts can add up fast. I went with Acme projectors and ballasts for the high beam locations because I already had enough light with the Morimotos so I just wanted some additional plus I was going for a balanced look. I hated the big chrome reflector bowls sitting next to the nice black projectors and shrouds.

I remember you bringing it up about your quads (they look great), I think in this thread. I was referring more to the Tahoe headlight assemblies as there isn't that much room on the high beam side and I think more grinding needs to be done. Someone please correct me if I wrong.
Is there a big difference between the Morimoto and the Acme projectors?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember you bringing it up about your quads (they look great), I think in this thread. I was referring more to the Tahoe headlight assemblies as there isn't that much room on the high beam side and I think more grinding needs to be done. Someone please correct me if I wrong.
Is there a big difference between the Morimoto and the Acme projectors?
TRS did a comparison on the two and there didn’t seem to be much difference. Morimoto has a better shutter assembly but the light output looked pretty much the same to me. They both use the same base/ bowl or whatever you call it from what I saw- they had the same markings. The lenses and the shutters are different. Acme is 1/3 the price.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lenses can be a big deal, but i havent looked into the Acme projectors too much. I think for general replacement they are fine, but not as good as they could be. Same can be said for the MH1 though. All about setting the right expectation.

As far as the high beam location, there should be actually more room in the high beam spot then the low beam, but theres still not much. I personally dont think the quad projectors look right when they are side by side, looks much better when stacked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons