My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work Bob. Plumbing is my least favorite. There seems to be 2 gazillion fittings and I never get every one I need until at least the third trip to the store. It’s nice to do new construction though instead of remodeling. The project I’m working on has me trying to correct bad construction that’s been reworked by at least one prior person who obviously had no clue what he/ she was doing. It’s been like that since I bought this house. It’s part 1950’s and added onto in the 70-80’s.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work Bob. Plumbing is my least favorite. There seems to be 2 gazillion fittings and I never get every one I need until at least the third trip to the store. It’s nice to do new construction though instead of remodeling. The project I’m working on has me trying to correct bad construction that’s been reworked by at least one prior person who obviously had no clue what he/ she was doing. It’s been like that since I bought this house. It’s part 1950’s and added onto in the 70-80’s.
HaHa and thank you. You are so right. I’ve yet posted the plumbing pictures, but I have a whole bag of fittings I need to return. I also hate plumbing. Yep, remodeling an older house a bit more difficult. Like I said, I’m over half way there. I decided to do the mudding myself. I should have paid someone. Taking way longer than it should. I’ll post more pictures later.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great start. Back in the 80's when i came back from college Dad said move in save some money, don't rent an apartment save for your own place. Blessing in disguise, your basement reminds me of what we did, THE BASEMENT. Turned out great but we did not put in a bathroom. Father son project I will cherish forever. Your priorities are right on!

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been fun and keeping me very busy and my mind off of our recent loss, which is good. I think my wife was pretty smart pushing this project. I ended up taking several weeks off (I had almost two weeks of "use or lose" vacation days and put that time to good use. Still more pics to post, but now I'm in a slow-down - mudding drywall not my thing. Seems easy, but not something I want to do again. Should have paid someone - it would have been done in a couple of days.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From an engine build perspective. Just ordered my ARP head bolts and hardware to mount my already purchased sensors. Looking at vent tube options and have settled on the rocker arm option (Yella Terra).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been fun and keeping me very busy and my mind off of our recent loss, which is good. I think my wife was pretty smart pushing this project. I ended up taking several weeks off (I had almost two weeks of "use or lose" vacation days and put that time to good use. Still more pics to post, but now I'm in a slow-down - mudding drywall not my thing. Seems easy, but not something I want to do again. Should have paid someone - it would have been done in a couple of days.
Yeah, every time I do mudding and taping it takes me forever and at least 3 coats. I always end up making it perfect which it really doesn’t have to be if I’m spraying texture over it but oh well. Plus it takes experience to lay it on good in the first place. That first coat seems to take forever to dry too. The inside corners are the hardest. I have an inside corner trowel but I sometimes end up just using my widest knife. Keep at it, you’ll get it. :happy107:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe