My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a very difficult 10 days. Yesterday as i was getting ready for work at 0600 I started getting very dizzy and almost fell into our big garden tub. I ended up sitting down and could not stand without losing my balance. Called my wife up and she immediately said we are going to the emergency room. She got dressed, loaded me up in her car and off we went. When we arrived and I described the symptoms they immediately went into stroke protocol. Scared the hell out of me, who would have thought dizziness would be one of the main symptoms. I had over 5 people in that room poking me, hooking me up to monitors and then wheeling me out for a CT scan and then MRI. I was lucking no stroke. Spent the night in the hospital for observation and diagnosed with Positional Vertigo. Home now, still a bit dizzy but functional. I learned a lot. I know I'm not the only older member on this site but age really doesn't matter. Please, all of you look up BEFAST - my wife knew, I did not. Take care of yourselves and let your loves one know. My public service announcement..

As far as my build, I'm still ordering parts as I save for my engine heads. Bought all my new sensors, valley cover, valve covers. Researching rocker arms and torque converter. Thanks to @Rocket Man I ordered a new master cylinder brake reservoir. I'm also putting together another order for my braided transmission lines.

Thank you all for your support.
Holy crap! We’re all glad you’re ok brother! Take care of yourself!

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! We’re all glad you’re ok brother! Take care of yourself!

We're glad it wasn't a stroke. I've had vertigo before and it's not fun. Take care of yourself!
Thank you. And your right, not fun. But, I'm at a point where I can stand, move around and not fall down - but still feel the dizziness. Each day a little better. Crazy how fast it came on.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still here. Still saving. However, my wife decided that refinishing our basement is THE priority. So that is where I have been lately, night and day. It's something I have promised but never got around to it. I will post some pictures, over half way there. It's been fun, but wow - money going out the door and not towards my Tahoe which is now 250 miles short of 300K.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some pictures of the remodeling. This is what I started with. I first needed to remove the installed insulation. Then start plotting where the basement finishing portion will start and end. The basement was already partially plumbed (waste tub, toilet and bath/shower piping) so I did have a partial start on where the bathroom would be. Set up a music/Old TV station for background entertainment as I worked.

PC120012.JPG
PC120014.JPG
PC120020.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I then made the decision to complete the plumbing for the waste tank. Bought a very high quality sewage injector pump and plumbed it into the current plumbing. Interesting factoid and kinda funny. One of the measurements on these pumps includes the diameter of the sh$# it can handle.
PC120011.JPGPC120016.JPGPC120018.JPGPC120019.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094