My Blackstone-Labs Oil Analysis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what do y'all think of this?

I neglected to mention to the lab that the K&N oiled filter was replaced by an AC Delco high capacity paper filter about halfway through the oil change interval. About a week before the oil was changed, the engine was put on E85. I also failed to mention to them that at 111K the AFM system was overhauled with a new VLOM and all new lifters and such.

Could any of the above items explain the higher than normal readings?

K43972 (1).jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Numbers look good. Nothing to worry about. No fuel issues which is one thing I am concerned about with my Direct Injection.

At first my plan was to get a 2012-2014 without Direct Injection. So far have not heard from anyone with a 2015 plus complain about fuel dilution in their oil if the oil was changed out by 6K miles tops. I did come across someone who changed their oil at 10K miles [2015 5.3] and he said the oil smelled like gasoline as it came out. He now changes out at 5K miles and no more gasoline smell.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, those new DI motors are pretty impressive. It seems to be they are even more reliable than the Gen IVs. Thanks for looking for me.

Does anyone else monitor their oil on here?

How often do you send in your samples?

Am thinking about doing three in a row and then maybe annual or every X amount of miles.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Gary, those new DI motors are pretty impressive. It seems to be they are even more reliable than the Gen IVs. Thanks for looking for me.

Does anyone else monitor their oil on here?

How often do you send in your samples?

Am thinking about doing three in a row and then maybe annual or every X amount of miles.

Just did my first one last change :

20180826_213619.jpg

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I am STILL waiting on the USPS to deliver my oil sample to Blackstone. I shipped it Dec. 18th so no rush... lol

Honestly I think they lost it.

Fortunately I still have some oil left from that oil change and I had Blackstone send me another sample kit... should be here this week. I am seriously considering paying Fed EX to send it so it doesn't end up lost again.

How are you guys sending them in??? Just using the return label?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am STILL waiting on the USPS to deliver my oil sample to Blackstone. I shipped it Dec. 18th so no rush... lol

Honestly I think they lost it.

Fortunately I still have some oil left from that oil change and I had Blackstone send me another sample kit... should be here this week. I am seriously considering paying Fed EX to send it so it doesn't end up lost again.

How are you guys sending them in??? Just using the return label?

Just be patient. It takes them forever because they mistake it for hazardous sometimes. There's an FAQ all about shopping on Blackstone site. Mine have been 4-6 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9