Motor oil revelations !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as its not ****** top off oil from 7/11 and you change it regularly at 4 or 7K for conventional, or 8-10K synthetic, it really doesnt matter which oil you use. its the same as the old Chevy/Ford debate.
Debate... We all know the clear winner.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience with motorkote I hear it's bad for seals and what not but it has my interest since water "does not wash it away"

OP
OP
James Ward

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
OK, but what is the difference between a AC Delco PF63 and a PF63E ? looks like it is a little longer ? And I didn't want to start a useless "Yeah's mines better" sort of thing. Sorry I thought it was a harmless question.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, but what is the difference between a AC Delco PF63 and a PF63E ? looks like it is a little longer ? And I didn't want to start a useless "Yeah's mines better" sort of thing. Sorry I thought it was a harmless question.
Also a PF-61 and PF-61E I use to think they were the best filter but many other good filters on the market now.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ACDelco's latest design, the "E-Core". It's made up of more easily recyclable components, therefore, is more eco-friendly.

From teh interwebz:
  • Is 6-12% smaller in size, while maintaining the same filtration media area, when compared to traditional filters.
  • Has 10 times more open area than a traditional metal core for improved flow
  • Has a non-metallic cartridge that can be crushed to remove oil and can then be used as an energy source
  • Compared to a traditional core, it has a lubricity gasket for reduced installation torque
  • Dual-flow concave baseplate with high lubricity gasket (if required).
  • Has a nylon core for higher strength and better flow characteristics when compared to a traditional metal core
  • No metallic components on “clean-side” of filter media, therefore eliminating possible metallic contamination
  • Synthetic end caps are ultrasonically welded to help prevent media blocked by adhesives used in traditional filters
  • Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional

The original E-Core design had some design flaws that scarred it's reputation. The design has been improved and it may be a great filter now. If you're buying one, look at the black nylon ("plastic") cage on the inside to see if the spacing between the ribs is smaller (more ribs) or larger. I couldn't find any good "old" or "new" pics online for comparison.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the gold version much better

Last edited:

Lt Belspur

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879