Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More parts arriving. Unfortunately gmpartsdirect is holding me up. I ordered like gaskets and the little things you need for a build like this and I'm STILL WAITING for ANYTHING to show an ETA. Their site mentions special order parts take up to 72 hours to get to them, then ship to me. Well they are 2 days OVER the 72 hours. I KNEW I should have just drove the 50 miles to the GM dealer I'm willing to do business with and ordered through them. I still may do that, and just cancel the order from gmpartsdirect.

From Amazon today:

20200916_160804.jpg

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More parts arriving. Unfortunately gmpartsdirect is holding me up. I ordered like gaskets and the little things you need for a build like this and I'm STILL WAITING for ANYTHING to show an ETA. Their site mentions special order parts take up to 72 hours to get to them, then ship to me. Well they are 2 days OVER the 72 hours. I KNEW I should have just drove the 50 miles to the GM dealer I'm willing to do business with and ordered through them. I still may do that, and just cancel the order from gmpartsdirect.

From Amazon today:

View attachment 257751

You mind posting some close up pics of them lifters? Are they Delphi or "Summit" brand? I'm asking cuz the Summit head bolts are GM factory bolts but discounted a little. With the price of the Delphi lifters, I'm curious if the "Summit" ones are also discounted factory lifters.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mind posting some close up pics of them lifters? Are they Delphi or "Summit" brand? I'm asking cuz the Summit head bolts are GM factory bolts but discounted a little. With the price of the Delphi lifters, I'm curious if the "Summit" ones are also discounted factory lifters.

I will do as soon as I can. The owner of the shop I'm going to do all the work in, has some of the parts shipped directly there, while the parts I can get cheaper I've been collecting. He has my lifters at his shop, the cam, and my HUGE 3 row radiator. From what I know, he got the true GM LS7 ones with the GM part#. I will definitely check these soon and report back

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will do as soon as I can. The owner of the shop I'm going to do all the work in, has some of the parts shipped directly there, while the parts I can get cheaper I've been collecting. He has my lifters at his shop, the cam, and my HUGE 3 row radiator. From what I know, he got the true GM LS7 ones with the GM part#. I will definitely check these soon and report back

As we recently found out from another member's experience, you don't wanna cheap out on the lifters. I'm fortunate to have bought my lifters over a year ago when they were less than half what they cost now. They were so cheap by comparison, that I was paranoid that I had gotten aftermarket knock-offs. I compared them to my originals and they're either genuine Delphi or impeccable clones. Not doubting Summit or your guy that ordered them.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

From Amazon today:

View attachment 257751
Oooohhhhh, you better get them car parts off the coffee table before you get in trouble...ooooohhhhh

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From Amazon today:

View attachment 257751

the last few months have sucked trying to get any gm oem parts that arent actually in stock

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I hit another road block to getting the build started. I ordered a bunch of the little things from gmpartsdirect, like gaskets, bolts, the finishing touches sort of crap. 52 items ordered on 9/11/2020 for a total of like $600. Found the money is back in my account with no explanation. Not sure if it's a hiccup or if they cancelled the order. I don't want to go to a dealer and reorder everything until I can get a direct ******* answer from them. I'm incredibly frustrated!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Looks like I hit another road block to getting the build started. I ordered a bunch of the little things from gmpartsdirect, like gaskets, bolts, the finishing touches sort of crap. 52 items ordered on 9/11/2020 for a total of like $600. Found the money is back in my account with no explanation. Not sure if it's a hiccup or if they cancelled the order. I don't want to go to a dealer and reorder everything until I can get a direct ******* answer from them. I'm incredibly frustrated!!
That sux! How amazing would it be if you got your parts and they never deducted the money from your account lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu