Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question, since I have ARH headers waiting to install, should I use the gasket they provided, or should I use the GM one?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Random question, since I have ARH headers waiting to install, should I use the gasket they provided, or should I use the GM one?
It's been my experience that the gaskets header companies provide aren't that great. I like using oem or Fel pro myself.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Tony said. Header companies often provide a cheap paper gasket. I recommend MLS only. I used Mahle on mine because they were the cheapest, but looked identical to the factory originals and the MLS ones by Fel-Pro.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LS7 lifters are here, so I'm planning on starting the build the 3rd week in August (vacation time). I am still gathering more parts, like a 40k Tru cool trans cooler, and all new lines.

....from you guys experience, looking for advice...... Should I buy a 4 corner steam kit? My L9H is aluminum and the rear steam ports are blocked off from factory.. would the 4 corner steam kit be overkill, or necessary?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LS7 lifters are here, so I'm planning on starting the build the 3rd week in August (vacation time). I am still gathering more parts, like a 40k Tru cool trans cooler, and all new lines.

....from you guys experience, looking for advice...... Should I buy a 4 corner steam kit? My L9H is aluminum and the rear steam ports are blocked off from factory.. would the 4 corner steam kit be overkill, or necessary?

Not necessary, but it's one of those things that could only help and not hurt. I wanted one but never had the time to go scour the salvage yard for one while I was doing mine. I still look for them when I go to the 'yard and will install it if I find one. Until then, I'm not pining for it. If you find one, get it and throw it on. If not, don't let it hold up the project. BTW, NAPA has O-rings that are good replacements for the ones in those coolant blocks for about $1 each. I may have the part number in my build thread, but it'd probably be faster to bring a block to NAPA and match the O-ring.

As far as dropping the coin on one of the fancy aftermarket fabricated ones, that's up to you and your wallet. IMO, any gain isn't worth spending that much on those kits.

Last edited:

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where did you purchase your lifters from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods