Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 60 series tires on my 20s for two and a half years and I really enjoyed the 60 series tires. It filled the wheel wells nicely. And I loved the ride on the 60 series tires. I’m now on 65 series tires and leveling keys because the deal was too good to pass up. But the ride is quite a bit more stiff than what it was on the 60s and I really miss that. When these tires are done I will probably go back to 60 series tires.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 60 series tires on my 20s for two and a half years and I really enjoyed the 60 series tires. It filled the wheel wells nicely. And I loved the ride on the 60 series tires. I’m now on 65 series tires and leveling keys because the deal was too good to pass up. But the ride is quite a bit more stiff than what it was on the 60s and I really miss that. When these tires are done I will probably go back to 60 series tires.

What size 65s? 275-65-20? I've only seen them in an LT, Load Range E.

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this, I have been searching and searching info about lifters and what I can use since the LS7 lifters are on national backorder. I don't mind spending a little more on lifters, are these good ones?

They are stock replacements and not recommended it seems for performance camshafts.

The 12499225 are the ones you want, that or a Morel or Johnson. They are not a stock replacement and are designed for performance cams. I've been running them on a 231/246 .640 lift cam without any issues. Along with many, many other people running all sorts of LS combinations. And I'll probably actually buy some just to have since they're back in stock lol

Just for peace of mind even though you aren't milling the heads or going aftermarket (as far as I know), I'm sure you'll at least be replacing the head gaskets, hopefully hahah. So whether it's an oem replacement gasket or something thinner or thicker, grab a push rod length checker and see if your stock rods will work. Those GMPP lifters like .060"-.080" preload to be happy.

Keep up the work!! Reminds me I need to take care of some paint work on mine like the mirror caps.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. 275/65/R20. They came off my mechanics 2020 F350 when he upgraded to bigger tires and did a whole suspension upgrade.

Thanks, what brand and model are they? Was thinking of going with this size as it's the tallest tire that can fit on stock wheels without modifications for clearance.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, what brand and model are they? Was thinking of going with this size as it's the tallest tire that can fit on stock wheels without modifications for clearance.
were you thinking about 18's when you typed this?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nitto durra grapplers I had before in the 60 series fit with zero modification. But the 275/65R20s I have now are Michelin LTX A/T2s and the front had to be leveled to clear them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts