Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the I may also experience this Midlothian purgatory. Tagoe built since 6/23 per chat. Been chatting all week. No info on VIN. Only info is awaiting shipment arrangement. At times I have asked reps to take their time and please verify if it is truly shipping arrangements being worked on or possible chip shortage issues. None can truly verify this with 100% certainty. Seems as though they also get some sort of generic message. I actually seem to get info before my dealer by using this chat. Every time my salesman calls and gives me "updates", those "updates" were obtained by chat days before. Smh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-112417_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20220629-112417_Chrome.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 5

Billiebruce311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel the I may also experience this Midlothian purgatory. Tagoe built since 6/23 per chat. Been chatting all week. No info on VIN. Only info is awaiting shipment arrangement. At times I have asked reps to take their time and please verify if it is truly shipping arrangements being worked on or possible chip shortage issues. None can truly verify this with 100% certainty. Seems as though they also get some sort of generic message. I actually seem to get info before my dealer by using this chat. Every time my salesman calls and gives me "updates", those "updates" were obtained by chat days before. Smh.
This is exactly the message I was getting up until today when they told me it was waiting on a chip.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly the message I was getting up until today when they told me it was waiting on a chip.
Smh. A range of emotions here. Can't even explain it most of the times. Ordered since Dec, 2021. This is the 1st and last time I will ever "order" a vehicle.

johnsmith4545

Reaction score
Smh. A range of emotions here. Can't even explain it most of the times. Ordered since Dec, 2021. This is the 1st and last time I will ever "order" a vehicle
How To Become A Monk and Practice Acceptance - just custom order a Chevy...

What GM doesn't realize is you are better off telling your customer look your car needs a chip (we all know there is a chip shortage), there are no diesel motors at this time, etc vs. putting everyone on this Intermittent Delivery status which makes you feel like you are at the top of a roller coaster waiting for the drop but then the roller coaster just keeps going up

Austinmo33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I type in my VIN on Chevy website it says “Sorry this vehicle is no longer available.” Has been saying this for a month and a half. Dealer has no insight and I don’t have a window sticker. Built 5/16

johnsmith4545

Reaction score
I should have ordered my Tahoe at Graff Chevrolet so I could walk with the salesguy to pick up the car. We could have grabbed an ice cream on the way and got to know each other. At this point all I can do is laugh to myself. I wonder what critters have made a home in my car. My car may be responsible for bringing an invasive species to Florida.

I wonder if GM still charges $1k+ for delivery

Untitled.png

ADodd593

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since getting the call from my dealer about the chip shortage I've been Stalking the GM inventory page. I was able to find an "in-transit" SUV almost exactly as I ordered at an different dealership, only difference is different black rims than I originally ordered. When I checked with the dealer it was available, has a window sticker assigned, and is already showing on vinview. I was able to put a deposit down and I am now just waiting for movement. I went from a 29xxxx vin to a 33xxxx vin and hopefully skip a bunch of waiting.

Anybody on here have decent time frames of SUVs showing on Vinview and their shipping journey starting?

esbrittain

Reaction score
When I type in my VIN on Chevy website it says “Sorry this vehicle is no longer available.” Has been saying this for a month and a half. Dealer has no insight and I don’t have a window sticker. Built 5/16
Going to venture to guess that this means you are stuck in Midlothian waiting for parts. This is exactly what is happening to others as well.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For info sake. Ordered RST 6.2 with pano, sliding console in Dec, 6th, 2021. TPW was 6/20. Car produced 6/23. As of this moment, no VIN available for me from dealer or Chevy chat. This is the last communication as of today...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-164054_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-164054_Gallery.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to venture to guess that this means you are stuck in Midlothian waiting for parts. This is exactly what is happening to others as well.
Not necessarily. Mine still doesn’t have the window sticker and it’s in Arlington with a new “pending dispatch” status

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick