Midlothian lot...ugh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leveragedsellout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was also in the Midlothian lot for 7-8 weeks before moving to Kerr. Kerr is across the street from the GM Arlington plant. After a few days there, my truck was loaded on the rail carrier and is currently a few days away from delivery to my dealership. I suspect that they are using the storage lots at Kerr for those MP units that they are placing chips in or using Kerr to actually place the chips into the vehicle. If my situation is an indication, you have nothing to worry about. It is actually good news that it is on the move. Now, when I go to pick it up I have the police package installed, I'll eat my words. Ha.
Today i moved from Kerr to Navy Airbase…. Did yours have that step?

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your just plain looking something for a Use or Lose item to use the $1500 accessories credit for…I think I have a recommendation……..

Performance Exhaust……....5.3. Changes from single exhaust, single tipped rear exit exhaust to a single pipe, dual tipped side exhaust….almost sounds like 6.2. Definitely throaty and you can feel the response. Mine came to just a tick south of $1400 taxes and installation included. Original MSRP was $1500 ish before installation. It took two dealers…long story but summary…one dealer to order and delivery the other for installation. Delivery dealer couldn’t narrow down a installation time frame to within three-four hours. They wanted two-three days and NO LOANER: Installation dealer about 45 minutes north but narrowed and blocked a three hour window and done in just over two….Bonus. $60 CHEAPER……without any coupons or specials.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well mine moved now from Arlington plant 3a COOJ to Kerr. I wonder if they install different missing parts at each as I have seen some go right from COOJ to the rail shuttle. I did hedge my bets and ordered a ZR2 today.

CoryS

Reaction score
Today i moved from Kerr to Navy Airbase…. Did yours have that step?
Mine did not. It went from the plant to Midlothian to Kerr to the rail. My ETA is tomorrow but my dealer says the ETAs given in VINview are not accurate so I don’t know when it is going to show up.

Larsonxjs

Reaction score
My 22 has been there since Oct/11. No delivery in sight. I ordered a Duramax LT with signature plus.
I don’t know if going back to the Navy Airbase is good. I posted here 11 days ago still no movement. Patience is key…. No one has an update and GM won’t say anything. Santa gave me an IOU for Christmas haha

Leveragedsellout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I know Navy has been a holding pen for others. I was glad to see some movement but seems like I might be going in circles.

Edit: Chat with CS on chevy website confirmed it is at distribution center awaiting shipment. So hopefully positive steps.

Last edited:

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful believing chat. They have been telling me for two months. Midlothian is a distribution center and my status is 4300 and neither is correct.

lhw29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's the best place to view your VIN status? I paid for my Tahoe in full on 11/1 with no progress in sight.

Reaction score
Apparently although the Tahoe is in transit, it is stuck on the storage lot with an estimated delivery ove January 24. I’m gonna take the over....

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer got the invoice for mine today. So hopefully that’sa good sign. Still shows MP as status in the dealer system as of 1pm today though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar