VIN View

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

My vehicle went to status 4300 on 04/12, and is in-transit from Arlington, TX to the rail yard in Chicago Heights, IL. My salesman said that he cannot see where my Yukon is using VIN View until it's been loaded off the train - is that accurate? I feel like I have seen others post screenshots of a map with their vehicle on the train, and it's location. Am I making this up? Was your salesman able to pinpoint where it was while in-transit on CN?

Details:
Make/Model/Trim/Pkg: '22 Yukon Denali, Ult Pkg
Original Order Date: 10/07/2021
Removed from Order: Max Trailer Pkg, Adv Tech Pkg, Adaptive Air Ride Suspension, RES
Order Accepted by GM: 03/07/2022
Yukon TPW: 03/28/2022
Yukon Produced/VIN Provided: 04/12/2022
Yukon Bayed on CN Railway: 04/12/2022
Yukon Delivered: still waiting

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did with my new Silverado I just got, was built in Indiana and showed on maps sitting in Fort Wayne once it was built awaiting rail car, then was shipped to Flint and showed on his status and then he emailed the rail company to pick it up cuz they said another week cuz I’m only an hour from flint and it showed up the next day at dealer.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VinView shows tracking while on the train, my dealer told me whenever I asked exactly where it was at. The VinView uses Onstar to track it.

missile_pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your direct salesman may not be able to access it, as some dealers limit access to one or two individuals. Ask to speak with sales manager and then ask him directly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313