Midlothian lot...ugh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rbhim1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck built and delivered to Midlothian lot on 12-3-21. Dealer said was told gm was trying to get it delivered before x-mas but not too confident it would make it.. isn't that the lot that means it will be waiting for Chips??? 2022 Tahoe RST with luxury package. Nothing else.

Larsonxjs

Reaction score
My 22 has been there since Oct/11. No delivery in sight. I ordered a Duramax LT with signature plus.

Last edited:

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been there since Oct 15 with no end in sight as well. It’s oh such great fun. Also don’t expect to get any information from GM or GM chat they just give you the they same canned no information. Mine is on MP hold code 4D00.

Leveragedsellout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just placed a deposit on a 22 z71 Suburban that has been sitting here since Oct, it appears.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what mine is. Funny thing is I have seen about 25 of them with the same options built after mine get delivered around me and over half have been for dealer stock.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I feel for those of you that are going through this. Always in the past when buying vehicles from inventory I made it my business to get a look at the production date on the door sticker. A vehicle that’s been on the lot for a while is ripe for price cuts historically. You may have little success negotiating in today’s market but if I were in this position I’d at least take a crack at it with my dealer. We all know those vehicles are depreciating parked there.

It would be interesting when someone takes delivery of one of these sidelined vehicles to see what the production date is… when it was built, or when it got the last missing part attached.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers don't care about the production date. They are on an inventory plan that covers them for at least 90 days. I talked to a dealer owner yesterday that said they are still getting paid for inventory credits to the dealership like they have a full lot of cars even though they only have 15 to 20 on the lot. This is a smaller dealership too. He said the dealership will net about 150K this year in credits for cars that aren't on his lot from the parent car maker with zero effort on his behalf....

JohnnyFamous

Reaction score
the whole thing is frustrating.. mine has been there since October 11, no information other than chips. It is interesting to see others make it to dealers, I wonder if this has something to do with the customer ordered versus dealer stock, looks to be stock has priority over a customer order, I assume this means they take advantage of the fact that they know we will wait....and wait..

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know when the production date sticker is applied.

My 2021 Sierra has a July build date for the engine and the production sticker says October. I don't think the engines sit for months before being installed in the chassis, so I expect mine sat for a while waiting for back ordered components and got the production date sticker after it was completed and ready to ship to the dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660