Is Spohn the only one that makes better rear control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear control arms bushings on my 08 have gotten nice and squeaky. I finally pulled the trigger on a 2/3 drop so I'm wanting to try and fix that at the same time. My truck is Autoride so I really only should be getting 2.5" of drop so I'm not really worried about the pinion angle so I don't think I need adjustable arms. I do have it in the back of my mind that I may need the adjustable panhard bar to center the axle again if it bugs me. The rear lower arms are stamped steel but the uppers are forged so they look decently strong so I was considering doing the lower control arms from Spohn and just new GM uppers but I'm wondering if the mismatch in bushing strength would cause any issues? Is Spohn the only option for better rear arms? I didn't find that anyone else makes them on a quick google search.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m running new OEM uppers with the boxed Spohn lowers on my 02 and they work great. I’m boosted so I wanted something more solid. I’ve heard that with too much power the adjustable Spohn ones can break and I’m only lowered 4” in the rear so pinion angle and centering of the wheels front to back were no concern.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only has long tubes and a tune and although I'd love a Magnuson under the hood, I don't believe it will happen any time soon. I might cam it if it needed a cam and lifters since I'd have to go in there anyway but I'd rather do a supercharger for the low end torque.

It may not even be worth doing the Spohn lowers with it like it is. I can get new GM lowers for $90 so the Spohn's are $100 more. I've had cars in the past with weak rear differentials so I almost never hit it until I'm already rolling anyway just out of habit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine only has long tubes and a tune and although I'd love a Magnuson under the hood, I don't believe it will happen any time soon. I might cam it if it needed a cam and lifters since I'd have to go in there anyway but I'd rather do a supercharger for the low end torque.

It may not even be worth doing the Spohn lowers with it like it is. I can get new GM lowers for $90 so the Spohn's are $100 more. I've had cars in the past with weak rear differentials so I almost never hit it until I'm already rolling anyway just out of habit.
Yeah I put a girdle on my G80 diff so hopefully it will last. I did grenade my level 3 Performabuilt 4l60 last winter doing a full throttle launch and it was built for 800 hp. My problem is AWD combined with weight. Trans was fixed under warranty though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645