Got Rear Ended, Need a Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rear ended earlier this week on the Phoenix I-10. No serious damage for my truck but it jacked up the other guy’s Toyota. I do need a new rear bumper and a new bike rack and spare tire. I’m assuming his insurance will handle but if not can use mine.

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket rear number?

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpeg
    IMG_0845.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 5

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh, I'm cheap. I'd just get a factory one from the junkyard. They made millions of GMT800's so every junkyard has a bunch of them. I've taken mine off a few times. It's child's play to remove them.

As far as aftermarket bumpers, I've been reluctant to get one. I fear that those big off road looking bumpers would fail to crumple in a wreck creating damage where it wouldn't go cause the bumper didn't absorb the energy.

I personally want to take my bumper off again, cut a hole to move the trailer hookup into the bumper, add a chuck for air compressor, and possibly 110v in the bumper. Then would be great to cut a couple spots for flood lights. I've seen a few people do that and comes out pretty slick.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts seem to be available from dealer . A lot of times the plastic parts will break when exchanging and on older bumpers you might find and seems those parts are also still available.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you are in Arizona, I have to believe you would have no problem find one at a junk yard.

A quick look on car-part.com turns up a bunch of them in the Pheonix area.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of insurance adjusters are not like what they used to be . Find a used bumper then submit the purchase & installation cost to their insurance ( plus the other damaged parts)..... ( or have your insurance cover it / then they will 'subrogate' the loss ).
( I used to do this stuff)

( edit)..... get a dealer price on an OEM bumper, and submit THAT price.... You deserve that price. Then go searching for a good used one... you deserve the $ money left over. ( A loss is the full value/price, not the used price for a part)

.... If your insurance adjuster is not cooperating, contact the adjuster's 'Claims Examiner'.... this person is the adjuster's boss, who is their supervisor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10