GM incentives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won't ship, atleast that's what they told me. Said had to pick it up in person.

Rbannon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Laura won't ship but said they'll provide the phone number to a local car transport company. According to the guy at Laura I spoke with, Laura doesn't want to assume the liability associated with shipping. So, it's very doable.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laura won't ship but said they'll provide the phone number to a local car transport company. According to the guy at Laura I spoke with, Laura doesn't want to assume the liability associated with shipping. So, it's very doable.

Can't blame them there when they aren't making much off of them to start with.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was only asking if you knew. Seems like losing $4k on a vehicle sale would put them out of business. Yet they are thriving.

I know that back when I was selling GM parts and accessories, I was selling 22" GM wheels for less that what dealer cost was. They gave me a massive discount for buying in bulk quantities. Matter of fact, most of my repeat customers were dealerships who couldn't get them cheaper themselves. Would sell them by the pallet load.

I'm not sure there is a law that says one has to sell for the same price to everyone. But again I'm not sure.

Their sales technics may be very simple..
If they are subtracting GM rebates in their invoice, they can spin it and say they are selling under invoice by whatever that rebate amount is. A savvy and experienced buyer will always look for the bottom line, no matter how they spin it.
Also remember, GM reimburses their dealers by an extra 3% of the vehicle cost. Some choose to dip into that holdback, and others do not.

It really doesn't matter how many vehicles they sell, if the dealership doesn't make a sizable profit, they won't be around for long.

As far as parts, the business policy of fixed pricing won't apply. If they choose to become a volume buyer, then they will receive a quantity discount.

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Although I'm not entirely sure there are any rebates for a 2015 DenaliHD. Atleast not here there aren't any.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their sales technics may be very simple..
If they are subtracting GM rebates in their invoice, they can spin it and say they are selling under invoice by whatever that rebate amount is. A savvy and experienced buyer will always look for the bottom line, no matter how they spin it.
Also remember, GM reimburses their dealers by an extra 3% of the vehicle cost. Some choose to dip into that holdback, and others do not.

It really doesn't matter how many vehicles they sell, if the dealership doesn't make a sizable profit, they won't be around for long.

As far as parts, the business policy of fixed pricing won't apply. If they choose to become a volume buyer, then they will receive a quantity discount.

I think it is comical that in this day and age - you still have "loyal" buyers to their local dealers that 15 generations of their family has purchased from. Several examples on here of people waiting months for their vehicles from mom and pop dealers - and I will promise you they are paying much more as well.

I will buy from whoever is the cheapest. Period. Service sucks at all dealers (at least within 100 mile radius of me) so that doesn't really play into the equation for me.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Usually it's not even about how much they make on the new vehicles, it's service, collision and used. At least at our dealership, the body shop does enough revenue to pay all the overhead each month. Service and new car sales is the actual profit.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is comical that in this day and age - you still have "loyal" buyers to their local dealers that 15 generations of their family has purchased from. Several examples on here of people waiting months for their vehicles from mom and pop dealers - and I will promise you they are paying much more as well.

I will buy from whoever is the cheapest. Period. Service sucks at all dealers (at least within 100 mile radius of me) so that doesn't really play into the equation for me.

I guess it may be that way in a larger area. Screw or get screwed. I don't blame you.

Big city vs. smaller town business.
I live in a smaller area outside of Buffalo, NY.
I deal with three different dealers, and all know me by name.
I buy a lot of cars. I pay invoice, and my trade numbers come from fair comps at the local auction. Easy peasy.
If I ever have a problem, they take care of me, and I return the favor with my loyalty. I don't wait for service, and I don't get the BS at sales time.

I am encountering a snag with my GMC dealer, since I have had a 15' Denali sitting at 1100 since February.
They are sticking by the price of our trade in Tahoe, so when the new one arrives, it'll be the same deal with the new upgrades. PITA, but its my wifes ride and she couldn't care less.

Different strokes for different folks (or areas).

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 02 in 02 with incentives. I guess maybe next year they should start discounting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700