2016 Yukon Denali weird stuff, sketchy gm dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Evangfeller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: the dealership got back to me today and said the 8th cylinder was misfiring. Needed my consent to go into the engine to look further. More waiting.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could use a light bulb as a resistor to drain the system. Also like to use the bulb in series to power up the system gradually instead of the quick surge of a direct hookup.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
Update: the dealership got back to me today and said the 8th cylinder was misfiring. Needed my consent to go into the engine to look further. More waiting.
Keep us posted! I'm worried they'll come back and say you've got a failed lifter. Hopeful for a cheap fix though!

OP
OP
E

Evangfeller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update again: failed value spring in the 8th cylinder. Any suggestions on what I should have done while they’re in there?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see anything sketchy going on here. Why would they tell you about a special policy that you aren’t covered by? Warranty time is not customer pay time for a myriad of reasons. A broken valve spring is just something that happens sometimes. Fix it and move on. The 15s and 16s were not good years.

Farmboy666

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice and clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.
You are giving no help to poster and what good are pictures going to do? Looks like you're just trying to get your stats up.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are giving no help to poster and what good are pictures going to do? Looks like you're just trying to get your stats up.
@Farmboy666 It appears that this Forum is not for you, as you clearly have no understanding of this Forum's purpose and members. We welcome newcomers with open arms, and I say my piece in the welcome, and yes, it is the same for every newcomer.

I don't give a f*** about stats, and neither do the regular members.

Go back to Facebook and X, where you'll fit in better.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts