Carjack Attempt??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry, and if it isn't near me, it's in the safe. I doubt they can move 3k pounds easily, and it's a jewelers safe which takes a lot more effort to gain entry to. I have cameras with a 360 view, no lights on them, and I cover any flashing light that may come on when it senses movement, I don't want them testing the perimeter to see what is covered, and what is not.
I also set the "Set Location Alert" in the MyGMC app, it will alert you should it leave a predefined area.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had a weird incident that happened to us yesterday. We noticed that someone parked a random white Toyota car between my house and my neighbor around 7pm on Monday. Around 1am on Tuesday, we noticed two guys walking by that car and were walking in front of our house and then around 6am, one of the guys came up to the side of my house and was looking around and from the looks of it, he took a picture of either himself or whatever was around him. About an hour later he walked in front of our house again. Around 1pm on he finally got in that white car and left and didn’t return. I showed a different neighbor and he stated that it seems like he was staking out the place because he was aiming for my truck (‘21 Tahoe RST) and wanted to see if we had any cameras, dogs, etc. He mentioned that car thieves are aiming towards GM SUVs and Dodge Durangos, specifically those with keyless entry and he thinks the guy was carrying some sort of device that was trying to get signal from my key fob to start the truck. I couldn’t believe him as there is nothing special about my Tahoe (Stock and only changes have been muffler delete, changed out the fender amber lights to smoked out LEDs) and the community where we live is brand new and there other nicer looking cars. Has anyone had a similar experience or think my neighbor is telling the truth?? Ive been on the edge since yesterday morning.
Someone walking around my house after normal times people may visit and I’m calling the cops. If he is still there and walking up to my house at 6:00 in the morning I’m calling the cops again. Tell the police operator or the 911 operator you are going outside with a gun and they will show up asap especially with a previous alert earlier that night and the fact you are armed.
Our you could wait till the next day and ask a bunch of random people from different states what to do so that you get random answers from people that don’t know you or your area.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone walking around my house after normal times people may visit and I’m calling the cops. If he is still there and walking up to my house at 6:00 in the morning I’m calling the cops again. Tell the police operator or the 911 operator you are going outside with a gun and they will show up asap especially with a previous alert earlier that night and the fact you are armed.
Our you could wait till the next day and ask a bunch of random people from different states what to do so that you get random answers from people that don’t know you or your area.

A fellow I used to work with lived on the county line and had a bunch of fairly expensive cars in his garage. He called the police about intruders breaking into the bard and they told him it would be a bit before anybody could get there. He went outside, shot several rounds into the dam levee and called back saying shots fired. He got deputies from both counties and some state troopers.

When he opened up, the burglars hid. The Trooper had a K-9 dog. He found them in some poison ivy (they were city boys) and one was a felon in possession of a switchblade and pistol.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a weird incident that happened to us yesterday. We noticed that someone parked a random white Toyota car between my house and my neighbor around 7pm on Monday. Around 1am on Tuesday, we noticed two guys walking by that car and were walking in front of our house and then around 6am, one of the guys came up to the side of my house and was looking around and from the looks of it, he took a picture of either himself or whatever was around him. About an hour later he walked in front of our house again. Around 1pm on he finally got in that white car and left and didn’t return. I showed a different neighbor and he stated that it seems like he was staking out the place because he was aiming for my truck (‘21 Tahoe RST) and wanted to see if we had any cameras, dogs, etc. He mentioned that car thieves are aiming towards GM SUVs and Dodge Durangos, specifically those with keyless entry and he thinks the guy was carrying some sort of device that was trying to get signal from my key fob to start the truck. I couldn’t believe him as there is nothing special about my Tahoe (Stock and only changes have been muffler delete, changed out the fender amber lights to smoked out LEDs) and the community where we live is brand new and there other nicer looking cars. Has anyone had a similar experience or think my neighbor is telling the truth?? Ive been on the edge since yesterday morning.
Y'all ought to report this to the police and give them photos from surveillance. It was either a cop or thieves.

They'll steal your car and a month later it will show up for sale in Jamaica or Dubai.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all ought to report this to the police and give them photos from surveillance. It was either a cop or thieves.

They'll steal your car and a month later it will show up for sale in Jamaica or Dubai.
Like the video of the Canadian vehicle that travelled by train and then boat over seas.

irwires

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't believe you didn't call the police and provide them with a copy of the video so that they can step up patrols in the area and have a better idea what to watch out for.
After your truck is gone or your house is broken into it's too late
With having seen them so many times and not doing anything is hard to understand.
REMEMBER see something say something

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Don't keep any valuables, firearms, important/sensitive information, work materials, etc. in it and have a disabling device installed. Install camera(s) on your house.

I learned this the hard way. When my Buick was drowned in Hurricane Ian, I had road trip supplies in the trunk: Jump pack, simple tools, handheld CB radio, etc. When I filed the insurance claim on the car and the contents, my insurance company said, "Oh, no. You have to file a separate claim for the personal contents on your homeowners insurance." Even though it was the same company, the lost items didn't equal the deductible. Adding insult to injury.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned this the hard way.
When my Buick was drowned in Hurricane Ian, I had road trip supplies in the trunk: Jump pack, simple tools, handheld CB radio, etc.
When I filed the insurance claim on the car and the contents, my insurance company said,
"Oh, no. You have to file a separate claim for the personal contents on your homeowners insurance."
Even though it was the same company, the lost items didn't equal the deductible.
What's the name of this daft insurance company?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hundreds of Car jacking incients have been prevented when the vehicle had a Stick shift manual transmission. Would it be nice if they still offered it as an option, even an expensive one since in my opinion would be peanuts when buying a new GMC Denali for $85k, don't you think?
They wouldnt sell one manual trans to every 100,000 autos, especially in a triple digit soccer mom suv…thats why they dont make them anymore. Hell, they dont even put them in workhorse pickup trucks anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20