Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up too early this morning so I washed the truck before the sun came up. Couldn't stand the layer of dirt from the constant rains and wanted to tempt fate and the thunderstorms today ...lol

Have a 3.5hr road trip for lacrosse tournament this weekend and you know...a clean truck drives better. Kinda like new shoes made you run faster as a kid.

Even gave the paint a quick wipe with the spray below just to keep the surface slick and shiny. I posted this before as I have always been partial to Collinite's products. I've got some Lucas Oil Slick Mist and some CG Synthetic Spray Detailer that is nice too. But do love the Collinite's. I'll have her washed again on Sunday after our 600 mile road trip. Not a bad way to spend Father's Day with the family.

shopping.jpegIMG_1328.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy was able to source the radiator the same day, so I left the truck at his shop for the night to be completed on Friday morning.
There are some good ACDelco wholesalers in your neck the woods and up in West Palm that we used for decades. Up here, not so much!

Glad she's back on the road. At this point it is age and not mileage catching up with her, we're experiencing some of the same issues with our 2013 Sierra that we bought with 75K miles on it.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
223 miles 15.2mpg on the way up with some initial around town miles.

+\- same distance and 17.9mpg on the return trip back down south.

That’s the best I can get with 74 mph cruise control setting.

Pulled into a rest area. Some guy complimented the sound of the truck. Said it sounded good. Wife said yes it does.
Thx @07Burb lol.

2 massive thunderstorms on the way up and during the Saturday morning games. Gusts of wind left a few shade tents broken and a graveyard for trash pick up after the tournament.

The truck still looked good other than some love bugs. I have to say the Collinites did a great job.

Gotta scrub the bugs and motorway grime off. Already vacuumed and cleaned the Husky mats.

The fields were mud soup on Saturday but no lightning so no stoppage of play. And Sunday the mud in some areas was ankle deep. The girls were a mess so we washed them down with bottled water lol. Then drove home 3.5 hrs.

Those socks and cleats were white. The socks are now soaking in Oxi Clean and the cleats got hosed out.

IMG_1363.jpeg

After the trip up.
IMG_1364.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some good ACDelco wholesalers in your neck the woods and up in West Palm that we used for decades. Up here, not so much!

Glad she's back on the road. At this point it is age and not mileage catching up with her, we're experiencing some of the same issues with our 2013 Sierra that we bought with 75K miles on it.

Thx man. Yep age, but painful all at once. She ran well this weekend.

When it rains it pours …. For me anyway Foss….. looking good… as always
Oh it poured right out of the wallet and from the heavens. Lol

Thx man. Good to see you , like me still here.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+\- same distance and 17.9mpg.

Pulled into a rest area. Some guy complimented the sound of the truck. Said it sounded good. Wife said yes it does.
Thx @07Burb lol.

2 massive thunderstorms on the way up and during the Saturday morning games. Gusts of wind left a few shade tents broken and a graveyard for trash pick up after the tournament.

The truck still looked good other than some love bugs. I have to say the Collinites did a great job.

Gotta scrub the bugs and motorway grime off. Already vacuumed and cleaned the Husky mats.

The fields were mud soup on Saturday but no lightning so no stoppage of play. And Sunday the mud in some areas was ankle deep. The girls were a mess so we washed them down with bottled water lol. Then drove home 3.5 hrs.

Those socks and cleats were white. The socks are now soaking in Oxi Clean and the cleats got hosed out.

View attachment 402113

After the trip up.
View attachment 402114
Shes a beaut Clark! I like the chrome mirror covers. I’m considering putting them on my Denali.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+\- same distance and 17.9mpg on the return trip back down south.

That surprises me for the 5.3L. I can usually get 16-17 from the ESV going, uhh, a bit faster on the highway. At least you can use regular, so I guess that’s the savings. Lol.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That surprises me for the 5.3L. I can usually get 16-17 from the ESV going, uhh, a bit faster on the highway. At least you can use regular, so I guess that’s the savings. Lol.
IDK. It’s tuned for mid grade. Looking back over long trips it seems to be the norm.

Maybe I need to roll Umm a bit faster. Lol.

The faster movers just blow by and that’s ok too.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but I’ve found in my 2012 5.3L burb (no tune) on the highway that running at approx. 2k rpm (driving safely, as conditions allow) yields the best mix of mileage & speed. Anything higher or lower seems to decrease the mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900