Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but I’ve found in my 2012 5.3L burb (no tune) on the highway that running at approx. 2k rpm (driving safely, as conditions allow) yields the best mix of mileage & speed. Anything higher or lower seems to decrease the mileage.
No hijack and always good info. Funny, I was right on that 1900-2000 RPMs. Pegged at 74mph as the 75/76mph had an exhaust note that was higher, so I dialed it down to 74mph and kept it there.

Didn't find a need to go to 80mph like the rest of Sunday traffic and only punched it to pass a slow mover in the middle lane (had to run I-95 vs turnpike), which gets much more bearable once north of Jupiter/Ft. Pierce compared to down south = nightmare!! lol)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found photos of my first truck.

1983 Toyota SR5 4x4 short bed, manual w/ 31" tires.

Dad said I couldn't go muddin' unless I had a roll bar. Limo tint.
Rancho suspension with added leaf springs. Alpine pull out cassette receiver with Rockford Fosgate Punch amp, crossover and 10" behind the seat. No A/C. Awesome truck.

Had some other "cool" 80s add ons. Wink 5 panel chrome louvered mirror. Dual wipers with the blades on top. Dash mat. Color matched fuzzy seat covers. Color matched visor. Custom 80s color appropriate graphics. Even put pink shock dust boots on at one point. :crazy:Chrome louvered gas cap cover and rear cab strip below the sliding window. Chrome grille. Diamond plate bed rails. Spray in bed liner. HD tube rear bumper.

1983 Toyota pick up.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some detailing today.

Washed, tires foam cleaned and light shine, Rain X, coated the paint in Rupes Uno Protect Polish and Sealant, Meguairs leather wipes on the seats, cleaned the engine bay and shined with some 303, Cerakote ceramic wipes on the windshield cowling, interior wipe down and vacuum.

Wife (no fault of hers) must have run over some fresh paint (because never any multiple construction projects always in perpetual motion with no end date) that spun up in the wheel wells and running boards.

Dug around the kitchen and found the Scour Daddy pad and removed the paint from the wheel wells.

The repair I did to the drivers side interior grab handle with some spray foam a while back needed to be removed, but didn't want to ruin the texture or use something too harsh and melt it. Turns out Goo Gone and a light/repeptive scrub with that Scour Daddy took care of the residue and back to spec.

Finished up and having lunch with the wife and daughter and boom!

Thunder cracked and then it rained like crazy for 2 hours after. Never in vain since it just sat in the driveway. Dried the paint again and coated with Collinites 520 Mister Collins detail spray for extra shine and water beading.

Pics because you have never seen this NNBS clean. :crazy:

IMG_1572.jpegIMG_1571.jpegIMG_1573.jpegIMG_1570.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new double-sided tape on the passenger side LTZ letters.

Put the new registration sticker for 2024 on.

Wiped the paint down....and....heavy thunderstorms rolled through..lol.

Measured the ground to fender lip just to satisfy my curiosity >>
Fronts 34 3/4"
Rears 35"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia