Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And there we have it. The technology doesn’t exist for what you want. The larger the car the more batteries it needs to work.
Have you checked out the new hummers. If memory serves me the entry model cost close to a hundred grand with a range in the 300 miles. I drive 220 miles to visit my folks for 2 hrs. If I had a detour or prolonged sit in traffic problem, I could be out of luck

I never said it existed today...however I did say that the full size hybrid models coming out look really interesting. Rivian looks pretty awesome too.

This is an evolution set to take decades not months. Not sure why people are so confused about the timeline and upset about the outcome.

Doesn’t really matter. It’s happening regardless of how much people shake their fists and scream at the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Democrats scream at the sky. Practical people don’t see the tech as feasible now. Nor in 2025 or 2035.
Let private industry work this out.
Avoid another solyndra (sp). Avoid tax dollars going to propaganda campaigns to push an issue that has no contemporary solutions

stop the global warming or climate change hysteria. Carbon exchanges are just a tax or a way for dems to make money.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Democrats scream at the sky. Practical people don’t see the tech as feasible now. Nor in 2025 or 2035.
Let private industry work this out.
Avoid another solyndra (sp). Avoid tax dollars going to propaganda campaigns to push an issue that has no contemporary solutions

stop the global warming or climate change hysteria. Carbon exchanges are just a tax or a way for dems to make money.

You can keep your old truck as long as you like. It will be decades before EV’s overtake oil burners. Not sure why that concept is so hard for people to grasp. This is a evolution.

Solyndra was part of Bush’s clean energy fund which was profitable for taxpayers despite a couple of notable investments that didn’t work out. That’s how loan programs work.

If you want private industry to “work things out” then the govt should also stop throwing American kids into oil wars in the name of “freedom” and stop propping up the oil industry with incentives, subsidies and special tax exemptions.

Practical people recognize that 90% of trips are less than 50 miles.

EV’s are coming no matter how much you shake your fist and scream “Dems Dems Dems!”

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a president that wanted energy independence and bringing our kids home. I agree we should bring our kids home and get back to energy independence
I don’t recall solyndra having an issue under GWB. ( not saying they didn’t) but I do remember them getting 500 million from O

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a president that wanted energy independence and bringing our kids home. I agree we should bring our kids home and get back to energy independence
I don’t recall solyndra having an issue under GWB. ( not saying they didn’t) but I do remember them getting 500 million from O
The US has been a net petroleum exporter since 2011 but that industry relies heavily on govt subsidies, tax incentives etc so we’re back to the mental gymnastics around that.

...and he may have told you he “want to bring our kids home” but he didn’t.

I won’t be able to deprogram you but it would likely serve you well to turn off entertainment news and not look at everything through the eyes of “D’s bad R’s good!”

Or not.

Either way EV’s are coming. The future doesn’t care how upset you are with it.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The US has been a net petroleum exporter since 2011 but that industry relies heavily on govt subsidies, tax incentives etc so we’re back to the mental gymnastics around that.

I won’t be able to deprogram you but it would likely serve you well to turn off entertainment news and not look at everything through the eyes of “D’s bad R’s good!”

Or not.

Hey all, agree with cardude or get insulted. What a stupid way to make people see your side. Makes you look limited and invalidates whatever point you had.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Or not.

I hope everyone in your house hold is driving an electric car now. Probably not. Surely not everyone in the family needs an 8000 pound vehicle capable of towing 8000lbs. Surely the technology exists for them to drive a current electric vehicle. Or is it to inconvenient? Too expensive? Or is the tech simply not there? I don’t know if you noticed, but there is no such thing as real news anymore. They’re all propaganda or entertainment. They are filled with insults when you disagree with their line. How can several “news” stations have several different guests on and have them all say the same things, almost word for word. It’s seems like they all pick up a script.
If he had received his second term, our kids would have been coming home in may as he ordered, not September. How many of our kids will pay because this stupid delay.?

Lastly, you’re right and I’ve never disagreed that EV are coming, but the current tech make them more trouble than they are worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14