1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTNator, Jan 10, 2020.

1. cardude2000

cardude2000 Full Access Member

Name:
    Cardude
    Duplicate. But why not add a space laser for fun anyway.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  2. cardude2000

Name:
    Cardude
    I don’t listen to fear based cable/radio entertainment news so I’m out of touch with some of what you’re talking about above.

Whether or not republicans/Dems continue to shovel money at oil wars and a finite resource or whether scary Jr. Reps push for more rebates or want to harness the power of space lasers...EV’s trajectory won’t materially change.

As noted, the majority of Americans will consider buying them on their next purchase and every major manufacturer will have hybrids and full EV’s as a material part of their core lineup within the next 24-48 months.

The game is over.

People can either enjoy the new technology or scream “get off my lawn”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Roller likes this.
  3. Quark

Quark Full Access Member

Name:
    Jake
    I think someone is emotionally invested.

4. Blueinterceptor

Blueinterceptor Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    BF009127-3718-427A-B49B-B166C2473E06.jpeg

cardude2000 likes this.
  5. Stbentoak

Stbentoak Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    We are upgrading both of our vehicles this year. I want one more shot at great fuel based engines. Most mfgr's won't be putting any more investment in fossil fuel engines, so this year and next is about as good as it is going to get for mainstream vehicles.
    When we look at new ones again in 5-7 years, the landscape will be vastly changed. whether we like it or not, EV vehicles are in our future....

cardude2000 and Holy Roller like this.
  6. Fireman591

Fireman591 Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    I have a feeling Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge will still offer cool vehicles. I am looking hard at that Durango with the Hellcat engine. It beat a stock C8 Corvette in the 1/4 mile :) LOL. The customers will decide what sells and what doesn't. I thought GM would have learned this after the Roger Smith years when they pushed the J platform on just about everything including a Cadillac :)

kbuskill likes this.
  7. cardude2000

Name:
    Cardude
    https://carbuzz.com/news/dodge-says-the-future-of-the-muscle-car-is-electric

“An area that Dodge has excelled at for decades with models such as the Challenger SRT Hellcat. However, Tim Kuniskis, head of Dodge, believes that the future of muscle cars lies with EVs, and he makes a pretty good case.”

8. Fireman591

Fireman591 Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    I am all for EV sports cars but come on EV trucks and large SUVs? No offense but how in the hell are you going to get any range towing a load? Why do I have a feeling I'll be towing my 5th wheel with the generator running and charging my truck battery at the same time in the future :) LOL Hopefully a charge and roll option is available :) LOL Lithium Ion batteries are not an option if you plan on towing. Hopefully solid state batteries will take off and become the norm soon.

9. Stbentoak

Stbentoak Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    No one really know where this is going concerning vehicle that tow and haul large loads. Personally, If I had a prized RV or 5th wheel, I'd buy the last year that a Cummins was available and ride it for 10+ years.
    Another issue as EV comes on is generating capacity. It has been proven that if 90% of Calif switched to EV, they would be woefully short in generating capacity to power all the vehicles in garages, let alone its industry base....

10. cardude2000

Name:
    Cardude
    *If the changeover was today all at once and zero upgrades were made to the grid and capacity.

Holy Roller likes this.