Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. If I were folks would be able to easily refute the research and data I’ve provided instead of engaging in ad hominems.

The link to the clip you provided states that as demand increases line loss on the electric grid increases. There is no data to show how a mass conversion to electric vehicles will impact that loss. You are only providing bits of information that the industry is feeding to you. Prove me wrong, show me a study of the impact of going all electric will have on the electric grid. Then when you've accomplished that show me a study of the environmental impact of producing and reclaiming hundreds of billions of lithium batteries.

Be wary of the half truths provided by those profiting from "change" and extend the logical trail where their explanations conveniently stop. Follow the money: fossil fuel is a mature industry battery powered cars are where the money is. Tesla doesn't make money from selling cars as much as they collect for regulatory credits. That's right government is picking winners and losers so if you trust government to do the right thing you will be for electric cars.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link to the clip you provided states that as demand increases line loss on the electric grid increases. There is no data to show how a mass conversion to electric vehicles will impact that loss. You are only providing bits of information that the industry is feeding to you. Prove me wrong, show me a study of the impact of going all electric will have on the electric grid. Then when you've accomplished that show me a study of the environmental impact of producing and reclaiming hundreds of billions of lithium batteries.

Be wary of the half truths provided by those profiting from "change" and extend the logical trail where their explanations conveniently stop. Follow the money: fossil fuel is a mature industry battery powered cars are where the money is. Tesla doesn't make money from selling cars as much as they collect for regulatory credits. That's right government is picking winners and losers so if you trust government to do the right thing you will be for electric cars.

I’m not “for” anything. But your “follow the money” point is fair. The govt spends WAY more on oil wars and OMG subsidies/credits/incentives than on EV rebates so (by your logic) if you trust the govt you will be “for” a future of only ICE’s.

You’re falling for the fallacy that this is an immediate changeover with no grid or technology improvements. Of course the reality is it will take decades. CURRENTLY grid loss, at worst, is 20%. ICE’s are ~20% efficient and that’s NOT including the cost of wars, drilling, transportation, refining and 3X CO2 output.

Today, 40% of electricity is generated by renewables or nuclear. That has increased 100% since 2000. That growth isn’t slowing.

Batteries undoubtedly messy and costly but recycling is largely dependent on scale and the secondary market for them (including home energy storage) is part of that future lifecycle.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/04/06/giving-ev-batteries-a-second-life-for-sustainability-and-profit/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you believe so heavily in the current state of technology. Get an electric car and live with it exclusively. Make sure every one in your family uses one. Run it almost to zero charge and then go to a dealership to recharge it.
It takes almost two hours to recharge the battery on my flashlight to only 80%. And that battery is the equivalent of three C batteries in size and runs for 2 hrs

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you believe so heavily in the current state of technology. Get an electric car and live with it exclusively. Make sure every one in your family uses one. Run it almost to zero charge and then go to a dealership to recharge it.
It takes almost two hours to recharge the battery on my flashlight to only 80%. And that battery is the equivalent of three C batteries in size and runs for 2 hrs
I’d gladly drive an EV today. I’ve literally never driven 500 miles in one day.

But I’m really talking about the coming decades. EV’s are here to stay.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what’s stopping you? I suppose you live in a house where you could set up a charging station. What about the people that live in large cities, that have large apartment buildings and no on site parking. Some of those people don’t move their cars for 2 or 3 days. What if the parking space you pull into has a broken charging station. How about some homeless guy busts up a few on purpose.
The dealership out by me were discussing their broken charging station after a bmw tried to charge up there. (Different connector I imagine)
Ever notice those long lines at gas stations after a natural disaster as people try to gas up to evacuate.
EV should not be forced onto people and government money should not be spent on infrastructure until the technology truly exists to be viable in reality

Last edited:

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d gladly drive an EV today. I’ve literally never driven 500 miles in one day.

But I’m really talking about the coming decades. EV’s are here to stay.

Imagine trying to forecast decades ago our technological capabilities of today.

Now try to imagine how many decades it will require to see any environmental benefit of a slight carbon reduction and how easy it will be to eliminate any gain with new sources of contamination. EV's may be here to stay that's not a reason to accept the gibberish being force fed to us by the political and media elite. We aren't informed enough to discuss this rationally but we see here how a little logic has caused you to retrench into something good might happen in the coming decades. Keep an open mind and resist the temptation to feast on a guided tour of the situation not unlike what Disney created for the public. I'm done.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imagine trying to forecast decades ago our technological capabilities of today.

Now try to imagine how many decades it will require to see any environmental benefit of a slight carbon reduction and how easy it will be to eliminate any gain with new sources of contamination. EV's may be here to stay that's not a reason to accept the gibberish being force fed to us by the political and media elite. We aren't informed enough to discuss this rationally but we see here how a little logic has caused you to retrench into something good might happen in the coming decades. Keep an open mind and resist the temptation to feast on a guided tour of the situation not unlike what Disney created for the public. I'm done.

You have to start somewhere and I’m not one to let perfect get in the way of better.

Don’t forget that many said CAFE standards in the 70’s wouldn’t help create cleaner air/water, wouldn’t push ICE technology forward and instead would be the death of the auto industry.

Your song has been played generation after generation by those on the wrong side of history.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what’s stopping you? I suppose you live in a house where you could set up a charging station. What about the people that live in large cities, that have large apartment buildings and no on site parking. Some of those people don’t move their cars for 2 or 3 days. What if the parking space you pull into has a broken charging station. How about some homeless guy busts up a few on purpose.
The dealership out by me were discussing their broken charging station after a bmw tried to charge up there. (Different connector I imagine)
Ever notice those long lines at gas stations after a natural disaster as people try to gas up to evacuate.
EV should not be forced onto people and government money should not be spent on infrastructure until the technology truly exists to be viable in reality

There just isn’t one in the size I need. If GM or Ford had a full size 3 row hauler I’d gladly buy. I’m really interested in the hybrid Navigator coming out next year.

Govt spends my money on wars to protect cheap gas, billions to incentivize the OMG industry and before that it spent tax money to find cheap gas and then built a highway system. Before that it built a national railway infrastructure. The whole “govt shouldnt get involved” argument doesn’t hold water. Heck eventually horses were banned from cities. They’ve ALWAYS been involved. I would agree though that banning ICE’s for purchase, at least for the next decade or so, is a bridge too far.

And again, 500 mile range IS a viable reality for 90% of the trips people take.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There just isn’t one in the size I need. If GM or Ford had a full size 3 row hauler I’d gladly buy. I’m really interested in the hybrid Navigator coming out next year.

Govt spends my money on wars to protect cheap gas, billions to incentivize the OMG industry and before that it spent tax money to find cheap gas and then built a highway system. Before that it built a national railway infrastructure. The whole “govt shouldnt get involved” argument doesn’t hold water. Heck eventually horses were banned from cities. They’ve ALWAYS been involved. I would agree though that banning ICE’s for purchase, at least for the next decade or so, is a bridge too far.

And again, 500 mile range IS a viable reality for 90% of the trips people take.

And there we have it. The technology doesn’t exist for what you want. The larger the car the more batteries it needs to work.
Have you checked out the new hummers. If memory serves me the entry model cost close to a hundred grand with a range in the 300 miles. I drive 220 miles to visit my folks for 2 hrs. If I had a detour or prolonged sit in traffic problem, I could be out of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman