Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll lose any efficiency earned by converting coal to electricity and then transporting it ( heat in the power lines) and storing it in batteries where there’s loss and then converting it to rotational power with electric motors where there’s more loss. And it comes down to the fact you’re still burning shit to drive a car. You can spin it however you want and I won’t start an argument with you, I know better than to fall in that trap. You have an opinion, so do I.
I’m not citing an opinion. I’m citing facts.

http://insideenergy.org/2015/11/06/...sappears-between-a-power-plant-and-your-plug/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California is a shining example of what not to do. They can’t keep their own lights on but want electric cars. I suppose it’s to hell with somebody else’s environment as long as theirs stay clean.
Electric cars will have their place but it’s not time yet. If you have to rely on someone else to make your power, then it’s not time. If the car is not affordable to a 50k wage earner and can carry 2 adults and 2 children, it’s not time. If the car cannot charge fully in the time it takes to pump 30 gallons of gas, it’s not time
If there isn’t a gas station on every road like there is grass to feed my horse then it’s not time.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california hasnt had rolling black outs in 20 years.* last year was due to wild fires, instead of further risking damage to equipment they shut down
relying on someone else for power? you refine your own gas then im guessing? if anything youre more independent because you just plug the shit in at your house.
affordable is relative, go build and price out a new yukon/tahoe.
charging - plug. it. in. at. your. house. and you leave every single day without having to stop at a gas station.

And when I travel 300 miles one way. Then what? And don’t be a smart Alec. No one refines their own gasoline and or makes their own electricity. Notice you didn’t tackle the ruin someone else’s environment. And the batteries carbon footprint when it needs replacing. ? Notice I’m not saying you’re wrong but when it’s feasible and the technology is there and affordable, it’ll be the right time

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And when I travel 300 miles one way. Then what? And don’t be a smart Alec. No one refines their own gasoline and or makes their own electricity. Notice you didn’t tackle the ruin someone else’s environment. And the batteries carbon footprint when it needs replacing. ? Notice I’m not saying you’re wrong but when it’s feasible and the technology is there and affordable, it’ll be the right time
For people who frequently drive 300-500 miles and then immediately turn around and drive back home another 300-500 miles having all vehicles in their homes be EV isn’t for them.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

apologies, didnt know you were serious about ruining someone elses environment. look at oil and gas industry that has disaster after disaster, shall we call it a net zero? im not sure where the myth that batteries are not recyclable from but they are, up to 99%+ of them can be recycled

and its not right for YOU right now, so the question is why advocate against it?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apologies, didnt know you were serious about ruining someone elses environment. look at oil and gas industry that has disaster after disaster, shall we call it a net zero? im not sure where the myth that batteries are not recyclable from but they are, up to 99%+ of them can be recycled

and its not right for YOU right now, so the question is why advocate against it?

I’m not advocating against it. I’m saying it’s not feasible right now. And pricing a 21 Tahoe isn’t exactly an affordable car for the average American. Most Americans drive used cars and will not tap into that used electric car market for decades. Also note the battery is not completely recyclable. The replacement cost for those batteries is more than some people pay for an entire car.
There’s a reason we don’t flock to nuclear power. We don’t know how to dispose of the waste. We don’t know how to contain a true emergency. Fukushima? I’m not saying electric cars would destroy the earth. I’m simply saying the technology isn’t there for a face to face replacement for the combustion engine. Yet

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conceiving the entire problem, looking beyond political/financial interests without using quips is even harder.
Agreed but most here won’t do that. They just regurgitate something they’ve heard (batteries can’t be recycled! Transmission loss negates ALL benefits! CA bad! Etc) and cross their arms.

Digging into OMG industry subsidies, incentives and throwing bodies at endless wars in the name of “freedom” to ensure cheap oil for inefficient rigs is many layers deeper than we’d ever get here.

Change is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz