Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stations can have all the diesel in the world at them, if the station has no power youre not getting diesel either.
im sure there were plenty of other abandoned cars also on the side of the road, you shouldnt be evacuating if youre already in tropical storm weather.

i agree its not ideal but dont make it like its a death sentence, if you have a 80kw battery and youre using 10kw an hour, which is a hell of a lot, you can bumper to bumper along for 8* hours before you run out. youre not getting 600 mile range after sitting in traffic for 4 hours and only moving 50 miles. in an EV youre not wastefully burning fuel idling

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always been able to get diesel. The truck stop I go to for diesel has a generator.

Last storm I used my 1987 Mercedes 300d and wasnt worried about fuel.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also 90% of the stations I know in FL have generators. For sure the newer ones. They've learned a few lessons...And they are required on any new builds...

Most people don't pull the trigger on evacuation until the very last minute.. They want to stay unless it is going to be catastrophic.
When it goes from a cat 1-2 (Stay home no problem..) To a 4 or higher in 24 hrs, (Becoming more and more common...) the tune quickly changes and EVERYONE is on the road at once in various states of preparedness...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen an electric car in the wild.

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know they are coming because the government told us so.
OMG Is exponentially more subsidized, incentivized and protected than EV’s but I won’t bring that fact up...

But you are right, they’re coming, despite the gnashing of the teeth.

In fact, the group moving most quickly to EV’s are, wait for it, boomers.

https://www.truecar.com/blog/which-generation-is-going-green/

Last edited:

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG Is exponentially more subsidized, incentivized and protected than EV’s but I won’t bring that fact up...

But you are right, they’re coming, despite the gnashing of the teeth.

In fact, the group moving most quickly to EV’s are, wait for it, boomers.

https://www.truecar.com/blog/which-generation-is-going-green/

Tell me how do I get a tax credit on a gasser? Are you saying the electric industry doesn't get subsidies?

EVs are the boondoggle of the century. They're the dog that won't hunt.

I did see one at the Audi dealership tethered to the charger by its umbilical cord. Haha, what a joke.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me how do I get a tax credit on a gasser? Are you saying the electric industry doesn't get subsidies?

EVs are the boondoggle of the century. They're the dog that won't hunt.

I did see one at the Audi dealership tethered to the charger by its umbilical cord. Haha, what a joke.
EV subsidies cost $7B and are being phased out.

OMG subsidies and incentives cost taxpayers, conservatively, $10B but depending on how you calculate could be up to $40B. Of course neither figure includes the staggering cost of oil wars.

Pretty sweet the Audi didn’t need to send someone down to a gas station to “fill up”.

No matter how obstinate you are about them...those non hunting dogs are about to surround you...

https://www.thebalance.com/government-subsidies-definition-farm-oil-export-etc-3305788

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EV subsidies cost $7B and are being phased out.

OMG subsidies and incentives cost taxpayers, conservatively, $10B but depending on how you calculate could be up to $40B. Of course neither figure includes the staggering cost of oil wars.

Pretty sweet the Audi didn’t need to send someone down to a gas station to “fill up”.

No matter how obstinate you are about them...those non hunting dogs are about to surround you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345