Efans Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Again, the write ups are all the same and don't address my issue. I am going to use the BB 2 pin harness and I don't know where the PINS go. I am going to assume the rest is straight forward power/ground. I have not seem the harness yet so I can't say what I need to know definitively but I am certain I don't know where the PINS go......anyone have a pic of that?

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I found a good wiring write up at Nelson Performance... I get it now:

Electric Fan Wiring Harness Installation

NOTE:
If you would like to download these instructions in a printable PDF file click here.
Installation:
Contents:
Wiring fan harness
Mounting screws
Red 18g line taps
Flex fan harness includes also:
4 – Butt connectors
Heat shrink
Tools needed:
17mm wrench
¼ nut driver
10mm wrench
7mm socket/ratchet
Pliers
Pic or thin screwdriver
Wire cutters
Flex fan harness requires also:
Butt connector crimper

Using a 17mm wrench remove the nut from the red battery junction box located on the driver’s side engine. (fig1)
Locate the ring terminals that fit the junction box. These wires will be the two red and one white wires. In order to close the red box, you may have to notch out the bottom of it using wire cutters or a hand held razor/box cutter. Secure the 17mm nut onto the stud and close the lid.(fig2)
Located just to the left are the two 10mm bolts that hold the junction box to the alternator bracket. Remove one of the 10mm bolts and locate the ¼ ring terminals on the harness. Ground the wires using the 10mm bolt.
Located between the junction box and ground mounting point is a group of wires covered by loom. Open up the loom and locate the green wire. (The wire may be light green or have a white stripe as well. If one fan does not come on high speed the incorrect wire was tapped. To test the wire, a volt meter may be used to test for the presence of 12 volts when the truck is running and the AC clutch is engaged.)Using pliers, crimp the provided red tap to the green wire. Locate the green wire on the fan harness and attach it to the red tap. (fig3)
Remove the black cover from the PCM. This is done by pulling outward on the cover and clearing the two plastic tabs. Using a 7mm socket remove the blue PCM connector. This is the connector closest to the engine. Remove the grey retaining cover from the topside of the blue PCM connector. (If you have trouble removing the grey cover, simply use some pliers. A small flathead screwdriver can be used to pry the grey retaining tabs out.)Turn the connector over and using a thin pick or screwdriver, press on the white retaining tabs on each side of the blue-clear cover and remove it. Lubricate the blue PCM wire on the harness. Simply push it through pin 42 until it secures itself. Pull on the blue wire to ensure it is secure. Reinstall the blue-clear cover and grey retaining cover on the PCM connector. Reinstall the PCM connector.
Locate the LS1 fan connectors on the fan harness, install them and connect to the fans. Be sure to secure the wires with tie straps.
Using the supplied screws, attach the relay connectors to the upper left corner of the PCM cover. Be sure to clear the PCM when installing the screws.(fig4)
Flex-Fan or Universal Fans:

The fan harness will have four power wires coming from the relays. They are grouped in a wire loom and are attached to your existing fan motor wires using the supplied butt connectors and heat shrink. Be sure to cut the heat shrink to the appropriate size and install it over the wire before crimping the butt connector.

*Notice
The four wires are grouped in pairs. Each pair belongs to one fan. Do not tie the pairs together or swap wires.

Verify harness is installed correctly:

Start the truck and turn the AC on. As soon as the AC clutch engages, one fan will turn on high. When the engine coolant reaches the desired turn on value in the PCM, the other fan will turn on high. If the AC is off and the coolant reaches the turn on value, both fans will turn on low.

The relays don't plug into anything they just need to hang out, the PCM is in the fuse box

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks mr 45!! I was going to ask and then you did. Im banned and that will help alot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo