Efans Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No pics, nothing too crazy to see just lots of room now. I attempted to install the overdrive pulley but my alternator decided to consume the reverse thread nut and keep me from driving home. My boy Matt dialed it up with some quick work via air grinder and thread cleaner. I'll wait until I buy a big ass alternator to use the pulley, didn't notice a drop with my wiring upgrades anyway. I can definitely notice the increase in power, more than I expected actually. AC is fierce as hell now and it feels like there is less restriction on the engine. Solid upgrade and highly recommended :cheers:

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Crap mods move this ish to the 00-06 body style plz :think:

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
max u should post a how to with some pics of what you did... i would love to do this to my nali but just dont know what to use

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do, I'd almost want another truck to do the swap on. Fans are kinda loud but it should sound nice with blower whne.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
yea i agree do a write up, i think JK might have on the old site wish i could find it.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been wanting to do this since i first read about it. just wish i could find a cheap and easy way to accomplish it

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine about a month ago. Bought brand new GM fans off ebay ($250) and then a aftermarket thermostat from autozone ($30). 2 hours later, done. Works perfect. Quiet, more room and I just did a 600 mile trip pulling a 6X10 enclosed trailer with with race bike and gear. Got 15 mpg. I'm sure the fan helped, but intake also. Maybe since the truck is lower, I'm sure that helps. I dunno.

DSC00677.jpg

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only fear i face is the wiring part. how do you wire up fans that arent for your car... is it just a power and ground.. and a fuse? then the thermostat kicks them on at certain temp?

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. The thermostat I used, power, ground, a ground and power for each fan, one going to the ac compressor (fans turn on whenever ac is on) and a temp sensor that goes into the fins of the radiator. It's adjustable to have it come on at different temps. Mine never goes past 210.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
the only fear i face is the wiring part. how do you wire up fans that arent for your car... is it just a power and ground.. and a fuse? then the thermostat kicks them on at certain temp?
Mine are controlled by the pcm and ac, just like the 05+ trucks come from the factory. I noticed a huge improvement in throttle response, pulls a bit harder too. I was driving to work today playing with a Range Sport, stood on it for a few seconds and I was doing 100 already. I'll try to get some pics and a quick writeup this weekend.

sschrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are controlled by the pcm and ac, just like the 05+ trucks come from the factory. I noticed a huge improvement in throttle response, pulls a bit harder too. I was driving to work today playing with a Range Sport, stood on it for a few seconds and I was doing 100 already. I'll try to get some pics and a quick writeup this weekend.

I wanted to go that route, and still want to, do you have a tune? I called the dealer, I work at a shop so most of the guys know us, and they had no clue what I was talking about.

How did you go about yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo