Door sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went through a high pressure car wash last week and washed my passenger seat. Look into it and my doors are sagging bad. So i replaced the pins and bushings... no difference.
I can feel to play when i wiggle my door up and down.
What is happeneing to me?

Wedge

Reaction score
Is the plastic bushing on the striker still ?

Wedge

Reaction score
Is the plastic bushing on the striker still ?
Ok looked at the part here in the store. Sorry, it doesn't have a plastic bushing like other GM's. However you may want to look into replacing it. Dorman #38428 @ Autzone.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door shouldn’t move up and down any noticeable amount with it open or closed. If it sags the structure is bad/loose/etc. start with the hinges and the support behind them use the driver door as a reference you may have a stripped bolt hole or a backing plate that came loose from the cab or door

Uderro1

Reaction score
Definitely check the hinges. I know my driver's door sags because someone was hanging on it.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a pin and bushing kit from doorman. total garbage! don't buy them there is all kinds of slop between the small bushing and the pin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645