Door sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to summarize for everyone everything is tight with my new bushings. bushings to hinges and pins to bushings its all legit now but the sag is still there. Possible bent hinges is what i'm thinking.......
That’s gonna take a BFH to fix!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think i need to replace the striker and latch
Striker will adjust up/down and in/out and that should help but from the weight of the door sagging for so long your body and door frame where the hinges are welded to may have been inadvertently bent from slamming and or lifting up on the door to get it to close.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Striker will adjust up/down and in/out and that should help but from the weight of the door sagging for so long your body and door frame where the hinges are welded to may have been inadvertently bent from slamming and or lifting up on the door to get it to close.
I need to adjust the striker in then because me door isn't sealing. how do you adjust it?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to adjust the striker in then because me door isn't sealing. how do you adjust it?
Star driver, should be able to turn it just like a screw, righty tighty lefty loosey. It will be tight as a mother so i used to use a pair of vice grips to help it along while trying not to mark up the striker. Be sure to mark where it is now, sharpie around it will do, so you have a point of reference.
B43BEEAF-A243-4E82-BB8C-53C67456D774.jpeg

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Star driver, should be able to turn it just like a screw, righty tighty lefty loosey. It will be tight as a mother so i used to use a pair of vice grips to help it along while trying not to mark up the striker. Be sure to mark where it is now, sharpie around it will do, so you have a point of reference.
View attachment 220611
what about that is adjustable?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about that is adjustable?
Once you loosen it you’ll be able to move it up/down and in/out...Like i said before. Loosen it slightly, its threaded into a nut that slides around between two pieces of sheet metal to give you up/down AND in/out adjustment.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got
Once you loosen it you’ll be able to move it up/down and in/out...Like i said before. Loosen it slightly, its threaded into a nut that slides around between two pieces of sheet metal to give you up/down AND in/out adjustment.
I didn't realize there was a plate on the back that could move. thanks!

alpinecrick

Reaction score
I've needed to do this for about 10 years. Been thinking of buying the cheap engine hoist at Harbor Freight to support the top of the door so I can do it alone. I've got no other way to support the top of the door. Be very interested to see how the new bushings work out.

Engine hoist makes the job a LOT easier.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645