DOD FAILED. CAM THOUGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
I put the TSP headers, Y pipe and Corsa exhaust on last night only to find out the Flange that's suppose to connect the Y pipe to the Flex pipe on the exhaust doesn't fit. It's only 3" where as the factory and Corsa is 3.5". I called TSP and they told me this is because the Y pipe is meant for a 5.3L and they don't make one for the 6.2L. I wish the disclaimer on the website stated such instead of saying that some modifications are required for the 6.2L.

So I just left the muffler shop with the old flange and the new flange to have them cut and merge the two.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
I have the truck up on a trailer ready for a Tune tomorrow.

Prior to putting it on the truck I checked codes and I’m getting a U0121 among others that are expected.

Is the U0121 (brake and abs lights on) normal after these mods? Putting it on the trailer I could tell there was something wrong with the brakes.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the truck up on a trailer ready for a Tune tomorrow.

Prior to putting it on the truck I checked codes and I’m getting a U0121 among others that are expected.

Is the U0121 (brake and abs lights on) normal after these mods? Putting it on the trailer I could tell there was something wrong with the brakes.

I can't think of anything directly related to your mods that would cause a loss of communication with the ABS module. Maybe you left something unplugged or pulled a harness? First, check the pertinent fuses. Then give the harness and connectors a good visual inspection starting at the ABS module and tracing the harness back, paying special attention to the areas you were working in.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
I wish I was
I can't think of anything directly related to your mods that would cause a loss of communication with the ABS module. Maybe you left something unplugged or pulled a harness? First, check the pertinent fuses. Then give the harness and connectors a good visual inspection starting at the ABS module and tracing the harness back, paying special attention to the areas you were working in.

Just my luck not allowed to be that easy. I wish I would’ve figured this out sooner but it is what it is.

The fuse box is on the the driverside and so is the abs module.

To the best of my knowledge I get touch or do anything to that harness.

I just looked at the fuse and it’s good. I can hear a relay clicking just before the brake light comes on in the truck.

I will look at the harness and hope for the best

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Well I’ve looked abs and find anything without either probing wires or ripping into the harness.

I did forget to mention I had the battery disconnected since November to prevent the battery from dying. Something is telling me it has something to do with that.

I wish my truck was garaged but I don’t have the room. If it were I would’ve just put it on a trickle charger.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’ve looked abs and find anything without either probing wires or ripping into the harness.

I did forget to mention I had the battery disconnected since November to prevent the battery from dying. Something is telling me it has something to do with that.

I wish my truck was garaged but I don’t have the room. If it were I would’ve just put it on a trickle charger.

These things do crazy shit when they have inadequate or no power. Clear the code and see if it returns. I wouldn't clear all the codes in case your tuner needs or wants to review them.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly question, but did you remember to reconnect the vacuum booster line from the manifold?

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Silly question, but did you remember to reconnect the vacuum booster line from the manifold?

No such thing as a silly question, but yes I did.

It’s at the tuner now. It’s been there since 8am and I made him aware of it, so far no phone call so I’m hoping I’m good.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No such thing as a silly question, but yes I did.

It’s at the tuner now. It’s been there since 8am and I made him aware of it, so far no phone call so I’m hoping I’m good.
Good! Fingers crossed!

The first cam I installed had a choppy idle resulting in such poor vacuum that I would get weird brake pedal behavior when backing out of the driveway, and would sometimes get a brake fault. Since installing a different cam with a smooth idle, no more problems. Hopefully your tuner can get it sorted.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Good! Fingers crossed!

The first cam I installed had a choppy idle resulting in such poor vacuum that I would get weird brake pedal behavior when backing out of the driveway, and would sometimes get a brake fault. Since installing a different cam with a smooth idle, no more problems. Hopefully your tuner can get it sorted.

The tuner said he has the truck running great with just a street tune and hasn't put it on the dyno yet but will tomorrow morning.

He told me without digging into it to much (opening up the harness) he wasn't able to talk to it with his computer. So I be saving that for myself as I'll be able to drive it home after the tune.

Can you do me a favor being that you have the 6.2L can you look in the fuse box under the hood and tell me if you have a fuse in #9 abs2? I looked last night and don't have one there and I don't recall removing any fuses. The book is terrible for the 6.2L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz