DOD FAILED. CAM THOUGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
I think I figured it out but I don't have the truck to confirm. When I was priming the engine for oil I was looking for the fuel pump relay and or fuse, I guess with the 6.2L the book and print out are fully meant for it. The Fuel Pump relay is in the back by the spare tire.

Anyways while searching for this I believe I took the fuse out of ABS2 #9 and put it into the fuel pump #20 which wasn't there to begin with. My fuse block is pretty dirty and when I opened it up last night I recall seeing clean spots there as if I pulled the fuse out but it didn't dawn on me until now with what I would've done with it if anything.

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
Good! Fingers crossed!

The first cam I installed had a choppy idle resulting in such poor vacuum that I would get weird brake pedal behavior when backing out of the driveway, and would sometimes get a brake fault. Since installing a different cam with a smooth idle, no more problems. Hopefully your tuner can get it sorted.
Anyway you can look at your fuse block to confirm please, this will seriously bug me all night lol.

#9 25amp
#20 empty

OP
OP
D

decembersend

Reaction score
@decembersend Any updates?

Drivability, idle, exhaust loudness, etc?
Sorry it’s been awhile since I posted and I still need to work on a build thread.

It’s amazing to drive and I drive it about 80miles everyday. Mainly highway but it’s perfect in the city as well.

It idles great.

My only issue which is my fault for not buying it already is the stock converter is to weak it causes me to keep the brake to the floor while sitting at lights otherwise I hit the person in front of me. I can’t even let up a bit.

I’ll upload a sound clip of the exhaust to YouTube and here's the link. CORSA EXHAUST CLIP AT IDLE

To me the sound (loudness) is perfect but my neighbors may disagree Lmao.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz