DIY: Make 2015-2017 LS/LT headlights operate like a LTZ headlight (LED as DRL vice low beams)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn’t. There is no control module for the headlights. The LED strip has resistors hardwired into it that step down the voltage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So basically get 2018+ headlamps

NappyBoy

Reaction score
View attachment 257900 Hey Guys,

so I installed CMatt's latest harness and I'm happy to report it has all functions as described.

Supports:

LED stripe on remote start
Parking Lights
Automatic on when vehicle is in drive

I took it a step further about a year ago by installing the standard 2018 headlights that have the brighter LED light bar, and I have full LED brightness. I'm going to unload a video later to show the results.

great work Matt. This is a photo of my car in drive. It was super sunny so it's harder to see but it's working great

View attachment 257898
so you got the full brightness at daytime and dimmed at night ?

Hummin24

Reaction score
Theres another option. 2015 model year Just move your headlight switch to parking lights every time you get in. When I was trying to rework all this about 4 years ago this was the only logical way to do it. Honestly once you do it a few times it becomes muscle memory. Yes It also turns on the tail light LEDS which I think are just as important. Headlight DRL's are ridiculous. It used to bother me that my 15's LED's were no where near as bright as the 17+ but then I realized the 17+ were honestly to bright and will most likely burn out faster do to the associated heat.

NappyBoy

Reaction score
Got it thanks [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just installed your harness !
Completely happy and satisfied !
Thanks man !
One last question
If i install 2018+ will it behave like the LTZ brightness/dimmed led ?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed your harness !
Completely happy and satisfied !
Thanks man !
One last question
If i install 2018+ will it behave like the LTZ brightness/dimmed led ?
Thanks![emoji4]
2018+ headlights LED strip would stay at full brightness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NappyBoy

Reaction score
Hi matt for the harness i use police flasher moudle which makes my low beam wigwag after i installed the harness it stopped working... does the harness has anti flicker relays that i can remove ?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I answered your email that asked the same question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk