Drop in LED Low Beam Replacement for 2015 Tahoe LT (no flicker/errors)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattGallion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After going through several sets over the last 3 years, I've found a simple drop in replacement headlight to upgrade from the stock halogens in my 2015 Tahoe LT. I know there are many schools of thought about headlights and what's best, but I'll explain my experience for what it's worth.

1. Morimoto XB 35 HID
    My first HID kit on this car. Holy crap there are a lot of parts. The drivers side headlight area is easier than the passenger's side, but even still there's only so many places to ziptie to. I didn't want to drill any holes for mounting but I did my best. This kit required a relay and that was a hassle to install too. I also noticed loud buzzing from the Morimoto ballasts. Even had them replace one of them but ended up having it fail again so I gave up and got the Vanquish one.
  2. Vanquish Auto HID
    Fewer parts than the Morimoto and didn't require a relay. This kit did pretty well for 2 years until one of the connectors between parts started getting corroded. My mounting point probably wasn't great, but these headlight connectors aren't amazing either. I was able to tighten the connection every now and then to keep it working, but I gave up on that too because it's unreliable.
  3. Hikari Ultra LED (Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BT6M6Z/)
    This weekend I got tired of the Vanquish HID problem and got these. Decided to go with LED because no ballasts or igniters means it can all live inside the housing. These fit in well and only have a small driver inline on the cable that tucked into the headlight housing fine. I was installing in the evening and just manually turned them on when I was done to test them. They worked fine, so I was done right? WRONG. I forgot that the DRLs in these lower trims work a little differently and do a PWM on the headlight signal. In the morning when I drove to work I realized my headlights were out. Turned them on and off a few times and they flickered and eventually died. The car was cutting them off for some reason. Hikari recommends a CAN-BUS decoder (aka capacitor) or load resistors, but I DON'T WANT THAT MANY PARTS. It should just work dammit.
  4. Beamtech H11 (Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL/)
    Okay, the spelling on their manual is questionable and they don't look as cool as the Hikari, BUT they work! Unlike the Hikari, there's no driver module on the cable, it's just a plain old wired connector. They work in the DRL mode and normal On operation without any flcker and I didn't have to use a resistor, capacitor, etc. I'm surprised I haven't seen these mentioned anywhere else. The light quality may be just a little worse than my HID experience, but definitely worth the sacrifice for ease of installation and cost.
TL;DR: If you want decent LED low beams without any cancellers, capacitors, resistors, can-bus decoders, headaches, etc. these will do the trick! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd