DIY: Make 2015-2017 LS/LT headlights operate like a LTZ headlight (LED as DRL vice low beams)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NappyBoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Matt. I’ve got a relay on order. Unfortunately taking a while to get here. But turns out check engine light went out today on its own. So all is good!
Thanks for the harness just received them

bourgeois

Reaction score
Can someone help me? I swapped the pins in my drivers headlight harness and the LED strip did not work as my DRL when in gear. So i put the pins back. The check engine light is on now. I also installed LED headlight bulbs in place on my factory and the LED bulb does not work on the driver side. If I put the halogen bulb back in the drivers side it works. I also put the LED light that didn't work on the passenger side and it worked ( i did not mess with the pins in the harness on passenger side). Could swapping the pins cause the check engine light to come on? Would the check engine light prevent the LED bulb from working? 2015 Tahoe LT

Last edited:

RMS10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Tylus very well done. I actually just built pigtail harnesses that swap these circuits so the factory forward lamp harness doesn't have to be modified. That way it's plug and play and reversible.

I updated the pic with the finished harnesses (taped & wire loom like the factory harness)
73bc77d3788d83301c963c4e3fc48c50.jpg

Hey Guys. How do I get a pair of these Pigtail Harnesses. I have a 2015 Tahoe LT. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom15Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a pair from CMATT for my 2015 Tahoe LT. Works perfectly. LEDs are now my DRL and I installed H11 LEDs for the Low Beams. So much better now.

Jason101

Reaction score
I got a pair from CMATT for my 2015 Tahoe LT. Works perfectly. LEDs are now my DRL and I installed H11 LEDs for the Low Beams. So much better now.

Been thinking about getting a harness for my 2017. Should I have any warranty concerns? I'm under warranty for another 6 years. Also, I read in a thread somewhere that by using this harness something operates differently (outside of its intended modification)...I thought it was the parking lights?

Tom15Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting a harness for my 2017. Should I have any warranty concerns? I'm under warranty for another 6 years. Also, I read in a thread somewhere that by using this harness something operates differently (outside of its intended modification)...I thought it was the parking lights?

Yes, Remote start will turn on the headlights instead of the LED bar. Same with setting it the PARK position of the light switch. Since I have AUTO set for my lights the only difference I noticed is the Remote Start.

Look over this thread as CMATT describes the differences.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey CMATT, I emailed you about a harness. Hope you're doing OK and still producing these amid this virus nonsense. Has anyone talked to cmatt recently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh