DIY: Make 2015-2017 LS/LT headlights operate like a LTZ headlight (LED as DRL vice low beams)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently cmatt disappeared so I swapped the pins as Tylus suggested. Worked great, took a half hour tops. Perfect! Thanks Tylus!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently cmatt disappeared so I swapped the pins as Tylus suggested. Worked great, took a half hour tops. Perfect! Thanks Tylus!

I can’t seem to get the old electrical pins out of the sockets—any tips or tricks? I can get the connector apart relatively easily. After that, the electrical pins won’t come out.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still here guys and still building harnesses. I’ve been snowed under with my day job. Round two of the SBA’s Payroll Protection Program starts Monday. Hopefully it will go smoother and I’ll have more time to respond here and other avenues.

BTW I’ve developed a new DRL harness that gives LTZ like headlight behavior with exception of the LED strip brightness (the LTZ’s strip is a different part). It corrects the headlight behavior issues with the park lamps and remote start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t seem to get the old electrical pins out of the sockets—any tips or tricks? I can get the connector apart relatively easily. After that, the electrical pins won’t come out.

After you pull the white "cover" thing off the pins, look down at each pin and you will see black retainer tabs that hold each metal pin. You need to stick something small down in there and push the black retainer away from the metal pin while simultaneously pulling the pin/wire out the back of the connector. I found this to be the trickiest part of the whole job...takes three hands almost. But be patient, you can do it.

bradac

Reaction score
I’m still here guys and still building harnesses. I’ve been snowed under with my day job. Round two of the SBA’s Payroll Protection Program starts Monday. Hopefully it will go smoother and I’ll have more time to respond here and other avenues.

BTW I’ve developed a new DRL harness that gives LTZ like headlight behavior with exception of the LED strip brightness (the LTZ’s strip is a different part). It corrects the headlight behavior issues with the park lamps and remote start.

Hey cmatt, long time no talk hope is well.

If you remember me, i ended up swapping a 2018 headlight ls with the brighter led strip (they refreshed 2018 and up to have the birghter LED strip on all trims) into my 2016 tahoe Ls, i had the issue were when i use your original harness its at the dimmer led, and when i dont i can get 100% ltz lke brightness but i have to have in in parking lamp mode.

Do you think your new wiring harness will help me?

EDIT Just saw your email from FEB, sorry for not replying some how it went to my junk mail :)

Thanks

Brad

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey cmatt, long time no talk hope is well.

If you remember me, i ended up swapping a 2018 headlight ls with the brighter led strip (they refreshed 2018 and up to have the birghter LED strip on all trims) into my 2016 tahoe Ls, i had the issue were when i use your original harness its at the dimmer led, and when i dont i can get 100% ltz lke brightness but i have to have in in parking lamp mode.

Do you think your new wiring harness will help me?

EDIT Just saw your email from FEB, sorry for not replying some how it went to my junk mail :)

Thanks

Brad
Hi Brad,

Good to talk to you the other day. I think the new harness will help. I’ll have it finished soon and on its way to you.

Thanks,
Matt

bradac

Reaction score
Hi Brad,

Good to talk to you the other day. I think the new harness will help. I’ll have it finished soon and on its way to you.

Thanks,
Matt

Same to you, and look forward to it. Thanks again Matt, I really appreciate it.

NappyBoy

Reaction score

better than the old harness ?

NappyBoy

Reaction score

im buying it !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT