Denali Airbag/Steering Wheel Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have. Either there aren't any at the moment, or I'm not searching the right terms. Finding tons of bowties, or standard GMC ones, but no Denali ones. Only complete airbag assemblies with the cover included (that has the emblem).
Did you ever get one..

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Is there a good method for installing these? I tried installing one and messed it up even worse than the one I pulled out.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a good method for installing these? I tried installing one and messed it up even worse than the one I pulled out.

Yes, you have to remove the airbag... then REMOVE the airbag, and replace it. Then hope you put your airbag back together correctly

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...verado-build-thread.95810/page-6#post-1153558

koSp8Gb.jpg

Gravatar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Found a good video for installing one, but haven't found a source for a GMC logo.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is WELL worth it to pull the airbag and out the emblem in the right way. It takes 20 minutes total even for a first timer.

I tried the “shortcut” method of replacing the emblem with the airbag in and it ended up looking horrible. I had to redo it since I messed the new emblem up so bad. Glad I didn’t take a shortcut the second time around, it was easy and looks perfect.

Ledesordre

Reaction score
It is WELL worth it to pull the airbag and out the emblem in the right way. It takes 20 minutes total even for a first timer.

I tried the “shortcut” method of replacing the emblem with the airbag in and it ended up looking horrible. I had to redo it since I messed the new emblem up so bad. Glad I didn’t take a shortcut the second time around, it was easy and looks perfect.

Glad this thread is still getting bumped. I still need to do this.

Cliffvt4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source to get a Denali emblem for the center of the steering wheel? I know GM doesn't sell these by themselves, but they can be replaced by removing the airbag.

I can find ones that just say GMC, or SS, or are bowties, but so far haven't found anywhere selling ones that say Denali.

Mine has a scratch or two on it and I'd like to replace it.

Example of what I'm looking for...

2009_gMC_yukon_denali_hybrid-steering_wheel_emblem.jpg
I ended up having one made by ReBadge Design (rebadgedesign.com). Simply pulled off the old scratched metal badge (no need to remove the air bag) and replaced with their new badge which sticks on the vinyl behind the old badge. Looks factory. Great company willing to do custom work. Check them out. 1CD475B4-0021-4D3D-837B-8DDC68BF39DD.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec