Clean 2004 Escalade ESV 325K miles. Yes or NO ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless he did a leak down test, there’s no such thing as a quick AC charge. Good luck with your new ride, hopefully you won’t have any surprises in the near future.

He did there was a leak forgot where it was a washer with rubber o-ring Needed a new clutch fan also

Now I have ICE COLD A/C !!!!

So cold I think I saw a penguin in my esky ??:D

Dave

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad that the OP bought it. Since the OP's friend works at a GM dealership and is only 25 bucks per hour plus he can probably get all the parts for basically free that makes it a super smart move long term. Good Job OP and Great Deal for you. Under these conditions it might be advisable to get a couple more in the driveway if you can find them in mint condition LOL.

Naaaaaa, I get my DEALS at O'reillys. Store manager and I went to HS together and its District manager approved(His Dad) I get employee pricing + 10% and or Amazon/rock auto price match. :dogpile:

I love getting M1 truck/suv oil for $11 a 5qt jug :Caffeine:

Dave

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true I agree. But Always best to wait until ALL info and any pics are posted first ;)

Dave
[emoji849][emoji849] Bud, just because you paid $2800 for it, doesn't mean others would. Like stated above, you asked for opinions and got them. You seem to think you got a steal. Okay.......cool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[emoji849][emoji849] Bud, just because you paid $2800 for it, doesn't mean others would. Like stated above, you asked for opinions and got them. You seem to think you got a steal. Okay.......cool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fair enough for some its a waste of $$ for others its a deal. For what Im planning to use it for I feel it was a DEAL and still feel that way.

Already put 500 miles on her and just needed a oil change, basic tune up plugs wires, A/C seal repair and recharge. fog lights, Cluster repair

Dave

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would've bought it. Most of the expensive wear items have been replaced. The rest are items that would basically look and operate the same at half the mileage.

Bigshawn

Reaction score
I would definitely drive it and see if you could get it cheaper. I have a 01 yukon slt with the z55 with 329,000 miles and it still rides better than most vehicles i ride in.
I read the whole post now and see you bought it good luck with it. If you're happy with it that's what matters.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely drive it and see if you could get it cheaper. I have a 01 yukon slt with the z55 with 329,000 miles and it still rides better than most vehicles i ride in.
I read the whole post now and see you bought it good luck with it. If you're happy with it that's what matters.

Seeing what used SUV prices are now in my area I feel it was a good deal

Only issues so far:

Radiator fan clutch
Cluster rebuild
Plugs/Wires
A/C repair

Dave

Bigshawn

Reaction score
Seeing what used SUV prices are now in my area I feel it was a good deal

Only issues so far:

Radiator fan clutch
Cluster rebuild
Plugs/Wires
A/C repair

Dave
That's just normal items that any vehicle would need with that many miles. I just replaced my fan clutch not to long ago and the gauge cluster is a known problem, my fuel gauge doesn't work but I just keep track of the miles. I think you got a damn nice ride. That vehicle was well maintained by looking at your pictures, I think you got a good deal and hope your happy bud.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grabbed our 03 denali xl last fall for 2k, with 230,00 trans replaced about 180k and I feel we got a good truck for our money.

I have put some things into it,

plugs
wires
front bearings
u-joints
tires ( had two pair in decent shape, but I wanted matching on awd ( and I just swapped them from my other truck)

just did all brake lines
and will need at lest rear rotors soonish.

despite all that I know the history of the rest of the truck and am happy with the purchase, and the wife loves it to death. so worth it to me.