Buyers Remorse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest gripe I have with GM is that my wife drives a $50k Lexus, I own/have owned 3 $70k GMC trucks, and yet the dealership and especially service/warranty experience is in no way comparable. Lexus wins in every category, in every metric, in every conceivable notion from the chairs in the service lounge, to the way the service advisors take care of the issues.

My wife goes for an oil change and comes home with a new loaner "take your pick". I go in for a warranty service and ride home in a Uber. The dog jumped up on the dash and scratched the touchscreen in her car - technician notices the scratch and replaces the screen during the oil change, no charge, no questions asked.

There's simply a night-and-day difference
Exactly. Well said. GMC is marketed as a luxury vehicle without the luxury consumer experience. I'm not sure how things are on the cadillac side, but I'm sure it is similar.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn on this issue. I had a 2016 Silverado LT Z71 and traded it at 65K due to constant issues with the 4WD and the trans starting to "clunk" in 3rd and 4th, I paid $50K for it. Meanwhile, My $2500 2003 Denali has 205K on it and it still pulls hard and shifts smooth as butter and the only thing I have had to replace are the knock sensors, wheel hubs, and a rear mail seal which is more than acceptable for a 22 year old car. My 2018 1LE is solid, but that's because GM actually seems to care about their muscle cars (and no DOD). I'm starting to get fatigued from daily driving a manual in city traffic, so I'm considering a 16+ Tahoe/Yukon for the family and I will daily the 03 but there seems to be a disproportionate amount of issues with the newer models.

Wwes

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with the yukon denali is the price point. People pay 70k plus for a vehicle and expect a 70k+ experience when in reality it is just a 50k tahoe with fancier options. I believe it is GMs fault marketing it to consumers as anything other than what it really is. I'd recommend the LX500 series of SUVs for a better consumer experience.

It's up the buyer to determine whether the additional price is worth the value. A friend of mine has a Suburban and I have the corresponding Yukon XL Denali, and while they're the same truck underneath, it's a pretty big difference in the interior materials (seat leather, dash wood, gauge cluster, console, door cards, etc).

If someone is buying a GMC for a luxury dealer experience they're making a mistake (See below)

Exactly. Well said. GMC is marketed as a luxury vehicle without the luxury consumer experience. I'm not sure how things are on the cadillac side, but I'm sure it is similar.

The local Cadillac dealer here is a better experience - I'll call it quasi-luxury - than the GMC and Chevy dealers, which are equivalent IMO. I also lump Toyota in with them as well, just a generic type experience.

None of them hold a candle to Lexus while having products that cost more. If Lexus sold a SUV I liked, or pickup I could tow with, I'd never buy GM again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660