Buyer's remorse?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Which brand would you recommend? What's your riding experience like post drop (did you sacrifice ride quality)? I've seen some dudes rollin' around with the ass end sagging, and I want to make sure if I drop it that mine doesn't. I haven't seen any like that in this forum, which probably means you guys know what you're doing ( and as of right now, I don't lol).

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Funny you mention the end sagging (Cali Lean). My truck has that issue now because I have not yet installed my 2" drop spindles to complete the 3/5 drop, so basically I'm at a 1/5 drop.
But when it comes to ride quality, I would ay go with a 2/3, a 3/5 drop like I have does not have the best comfort and should not be used for a Daily Driver IMO, so a 2/3 (what I used to have, rode just like stock) is best.
My 3/5 when complete would ride like stock up front, but out back, not so much.:hands:

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...very true. 26s just look so clean (and for the record your ride is sick). How is the ride quality (anyone)?

My other thought is; as 26s/28s/30s become more popular, 24s will be marginalized, which means less people will mess with them (i.e. you can get a Tahoe/Denali with 22" OEM rims, so who would steal 22s from a Tahoe/Yukon? They're no longer "special").

Thanks! That is definitely one way to look at it. Now adays, trucks are coming stock with 20s/22s. Probably not long from now, they might even jump up to stock 24s, who knows.

As for ride quality, I have been happy with my McGaughys kit. Ride quality is also going to be a personal preference type thing also. What is comfortable to some my not be comfortable to others.

ChevyDiva

Reaction score
I had 26"s before and I did not like the ride on them personally I think the 24"s look fine just do a drop kit on it!

OP
OP
A

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll sell you my Rear LEDs

Michael

Damn my IPCWs are already installed. What kind are yours? If they are G4s I might scoop them up from you anyway. I like them better than the IPCWs.

*As soon as they are done installing the moon roof I'll post pics.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I had 26"s before and I did not like the ride on them personally I think the 24"s look fine just do a drop kit on it!

Gotcha. I think I'll stick with the 24s and get a 2/3 drop kit. Sounds like the way to go. 3/5 sounds like my ass end is going to start saggin' at some point.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tailights installed them last night and the left has a fast flash on my 09 denali xl - any thoughts on this one???
Thanks
chris

No, mine have the resistor built in, I had zero fast flash issues

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tailights installed them last night and the left has a fast flash on my 09 denali xl - any thoughts on this one???
Thanks
chris

do you still have them tails for sale... id love to have those for my hoe.. plus are they direct hook up??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts