2018 Esky Lux. after 6 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rented a 2020 Escalade and drove the family from LAX to WI June 2020 down route 66. Then detoured up through CO due to NM being completely freaked out by the vid.

I got it with 10 miles on it and returned it to MKE with 3300 or so. I also was able to get incredible mileage in V4 mode and will second the fact yours is accurate. It was a nice ride. The only thing I really didn't care for was all the 'touch' sensitive buttons for climate control, etc. I prefer the setup my 17 denali has better. But, the smooth ride and 10 speed were sweet!
They're still renting extremely low mileage 2020s at the end of 2022? Or is your story from years ago?

Nevermind I tarded.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had brand new Michelin X LT tires installed last Friday. 70,000 warranty. Michelins definitely last.

Check to see if your roof rails have plastic plugs for 3 sets of screw holes per side. If so you can source cross bars that will bolt on relatively cheaply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpyShops212

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do with the 2008?
I sold it last March for 13k after putting 15k into it in the last 2 years prior to selling it. I changed the engine, OEM whole new front end and every sensor, OEM navigation new and fixed everything that didn’t work including the rear hatch. Everything was working except the passenger lumber including every switch and led switch as well. The truck was the SWB in Diamond white with ebony interior. It had 206k and the platinum leather dash top and DVD headrest. The transmission was changed at the dealer in 2016 at 160k. The cooling system including the radiator all hoses, water pump was done in 2020. The leather bottoms on the front seats and steering wheel was changed around 120k and the headlights and fog lights OEM as well. The truck was maintained with an open check book. My wife made me sell it because I had a girlfriend in it when my wife left me for 6 months and I found a girlfriend and we eventually made up. My wife told me that I could buy a 2018 if I sell the 2008. I agreed because the 2008 needed the front bumper to be replaced and the rear bumper to be painted as well as the passenger side doors had a side dent. Probably about 3-5k to fix it perfect the body. The new owner got super lucky with a new truck with a 6 year unlimited mile warranty on the engine and lifetime on several parts. I even changed 3 of the rims OEM new to make the rims perfect. The battery was even a OEM delco Gold. I talk to the new owner every few months and she tells me the truck is awesome and even took it to Florida from Texas. When I hooked up my scanner the fuel trims was almost zero across the board.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpyShops212

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had brand new Michelin X LT tires installed last Friday. 70,000 warranty. Michelins definitely last.

Check to see if your roof rails have plastic plugs for 3 sets of screw holes per side. If so you can source cross bars that will bolt on relatively cheaply.
I did that and got the exact OEM size in grey to match the roof rails. I put one in the front and one to the back. When driving at 45-60 mph I would hear a small wind noise so I decided to only use them when I need them and store them.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold it last March for 13k after putting 15k into it 2 year prior to selling it. I changed the engine, OEM whole new front end and every sensor, OEM navigation new and fixed everything that didn’t work including the rear hatch. Everything was working except the passenger lumber including every switch and led switch as well. The truck was the SWB in Diamond white with ebony interior. It had 206k and the platinum leather dash top and DVD headrest. The transmission was changed at the dealer in 2016 at 160k. The cooling system including the radiator all hoses, water pump was done in 2020. The leather bottoms on the front seats and steering wheel was changed around 120k and the headlights and fog lights OEM as well. The truck was maintained with an open check book. My wife made me sell it because I had a girlfriend in it when my wife left me for 6 months and I found a girlfriend and we eventually made up. My wife told me that I could buy a 2018 if I sell the 2008. I agreed because the 2008 needed the front bumper to be replaced and the rear bumper to be painted as well as the passenger side doors had a side dent. Probably about 3-5k to fix it perfect the body. The new owner got super lucky with a new truck with a 6 year unlimited mile warranty on the engine and lifetime on several parts. I even changed 3 of the rims OEM new to make the rims perfect. The battery was even a OEM delco Gold. I talk to the new owner every few months and she tells me the truck is awesome and even took it to Florida from Texas. When I hooked up my scanner the fuel trims was almost zero across the board.
Well I'm glad for her. That would be the kind of vehicle I would love to find used. GREAT maintenance history and rust free from TX. That body style and color combo is one of my favorites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz