Buyer's remorse?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shit. Should I have gone with 26s instead of 24s on my 09 Yukon? I've seen some real clean 6s and I'm wondering if I should have fired off on them. Hopefully my car will be ready for pick up tomorrow. I'm getting the side view mirrors painted, a navi system installed, IPCW rear LEDs, moon roof, Denali grill and wood grain, and (gulp) the aforementioned rims. They sent me a pic with my new 24" Bazo B26s last week without any of the other mods. Here's how it looks so far:

24INCHBAZOB26Lockett2.jpg

Last edited:

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
No man 24's are plenty size wise. If you don't like those 24's when you pick it up tell them and get something else I'm sure they'll understand you if they have passion for you as a customer. Personally I think a simpler black 24" wheel would really set off your ride. Once you go black you never go back!

OP
OP
A

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No man 24's are plenty size wise. If you don't like those 24's when you pick it up tell them and get something else I'm sure they'll understand you if they have passion for you as a customer. Personally I think a simpler black 24" wheel would really set off your ride. Once you go black you never go back!

Haha! That's interesting you mentioned the black rims because I struggled with that as well...kind of wanted something different since virtually everyone has chrome on white. Don't get me wrong, I like the way the Bazo's look but I was curious about the size.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah man I have 24s and by no means want 6s, just put a 2/3 drop on it and you will like it. I have a 3/5 drop on my 07 Tahoe on 24s.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Looks good man! If you are not wanting the 24's anymore are they willing to work with you on getting 26's instead? Is this through a dealership or ?

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drop it 2/3 like Modded said...that'll fill up the wells better and make the wheels look bigger.

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit. Should I have gone with 26s instead of 24s on my 09 Yukon? I've seen some real clean 6s and I'm wondering if I should have fired off on them. Hopefully my car will be ready for pick up tomorrow. I'm getting the side view mirrors painted, a navi system installed, IPCW rear LEDs, moon roof, Denali grill and wood grain, and (gulp) the aforementioned rims. They sent me a pic with my new 24" Bazo B26s last week without any of the other mods. Here's how it looks so far:

24INCHBAZOB26Lockett2.jpg

Post some pics of ur ride with the new LED tails. I am still trying to decide between the Gen4's and the IPCW's. Wouldnt mind saving some $$ since the Gen4's are cheaper and most people on here have the Gen4's so I havent seen any actual car shots with the IPCW

OP
OP
A

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good man! If you are not wanting the 24's anymore are they willing to work with you on getting 26's instead? Is this through a dealership or ?

Thanks! Yeah it's through a dealership. Got a good discount (plus an additional $500 for my stock trade-in). They would probably work with me on the 6s, but when I initially asked about a possible exchange they said there "might" be a 20% restocking fee, which is nuckin' futs.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Yeah man I have 24s and by no means want 6s, just put a 2/3 drop on it and you will like it. I have a 3/5 drop on my 07 Tahoe on 24s.

Which brand would you recommend? What's your riding experience like post drop (did you sacrifice ride quality)? I've seen some dudes rollin' around with the ass end sagging, and I want to make sure if I drop it that mine doesn't. I haven't seen any like that in this forum, which probably means you guys know what you're doing ( and as of right now, I don't lol).

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Post some pics of ur ride with the new LED tails. I am still trying to decide between the Gen4's and the IPCW's. Wouldnt mind saving some $$ since the Gen4's are cheaper and most people on here have the Gen4's so I havent seen any actual car shots with the IPCW

Sure will! Hopefully I can pick it up today. Worst case scenario we're looking at mid week. As soon as I get it, I'll post plenty of pics.

Last edited:

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good bro! Almost like mine :) If you are having some remorse already, might want to check with them about jumping up to the 26s before you drive it off. I am sure once you drive off with them, it will be harder for them to take them back, if they even will.

I had 24s with 2/3 McGaughys drop on it. I liked it, but just like you... I wanted bigger. I just sold mine and plan to eventually make the jump to 6s.

OP
OP
A

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good bro! Almost like mine :) If you are having some remorse already, might want to check with them about jumping up to the 26s before you drive it off. I am sure once you drive off with them, it will be harder for them to take them back, if they even will.

I had 24s with 2/3 McGaughys drop on it. I liked it, but just like you... I wanted bigger. I just sold mine and plan to eventually make the jump to 6s.

Hmmmm...very true. 26s just look so clean (and for the record your ride is sick). How is the ride quality (anyone)?

My other thought is; as 26s/28s/30s become more popular, 24s will be marginalized, which means less people will mess with them (i.e. you can get a Tahoe/Denali with 22" OEM rims, so who would steal 22s from a Tahoe/Yukon? They're no longer "special").

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700