Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday Joseph asked Javier if he would mow my dads yard while he was helping me hang drywall. Usually Joseph just drives the rider over to my dads but Javier wanted to use the trailer Joseph bought and pull it over with the truck. I have to admit, I have not taken the time to shoe the kids how to back up a trailer so as I pull into our cul-de-sac, I see Javier backing the trailer in along side our garage and I was curious as to how it would go and I’ll tell ya, for a first time attempt, he nailed it. Never jackknifed it, never had to pull forward to re-align and just got it done. Pretty cool watching my son do this all on his own. When he got out, I asked him where he learned to do that so well and he said, “Well, the trailer just goes the opposite way of the truck so I just took it slow and wiggled it back into it place. It was pretty easy really.”
Dang your kids are smart as hell! That’s awesome!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So yesterday Joseph asked Javier if he would mow my dads yard while he was helping me hang drywall. Usually Joseph just drives the rider over to my dads but Javier wanted to use the trailer Joseph bought and pull it over with the truck. I have to admit, I have not taken the time to shoe the kids how to back up a trailer so as I pull into our cul-de-sac, I see Javier backing the trailer in along side our garage and I was curious as to how it would go and I’ll tell ya, for a first time attempt, he nailed it. Never jackknifed it, never had to pull forward to re-align and just got it done. Pretty cool watching my son do this all on his own. When he got out, I asked him where he learned to do that so well and he said, “Well, the trailer just goes the opposite way of the truck so I just took it slow and wiggled it back into it place. It was pretty easy really.”

I'm not sure why, but the first few lines of this had me anticipating a disaster story. Shoulda known better. It's one of Wade's boys. Duh.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So every year the Des Moines Register sponsors a week long bike ride across Iowa from the Missouri River to the Mississippi River called RAGBRAI (Registers Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa). It is basically a traveling party with stops each night in different towns. This year, the final stop is in our town. In honor of that illustrious distinction, they gave out a bunch of old bikes for folks to make art out of to display around town. Javier is busy making his contribution. He loves art and has wants to get a job where he can weld so here he is in his element being creative.

FE6443F3-0D50-4674-B0C8-4B702E19B3B4.jpeg 00D49C28-DA62-4C6C-A96C-50C27B60616C.jpeg 1286EA6C-87B8-4E1D-93F5-BC63A78620AD.jpeg EFD70A4E-5F96-4A7A-B80B-E09A707B6CAE.jpeg BB7F1CF9-23B2-4A8B-8C27-A1C71F9A051B.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So every year the Des Moines Register sponsors a week long bike ride across Iowa from the Missouri River to the Mississippi River called RAGBRAI (Registers Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa). It is basically a traveling party with stops each night in different towns. This year, the final stop is in our town. In honor of that illustrious distinction, they gave out a bunch of old bikes for folks to make art out of to display around town. Javier is busy making his contribution. He loves art and has wants to get a job where he can weld so here he is in his element being creative.
He has welding skills too?!?! Geez! That kid is gonna go places in life! Lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 279815 View attachment 279816 View attachment 279817 View attachment 279818 View attachment 279819
That’s awesome! Man, I so appreciate the old town type of atmosphere y’all have there. That’s rare anymore.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think smaller trailers are a pain in the ass. They’ll jackknife in a second..which makes it all the more impressive. my 24ft trailer was extremely easy to back up compared to a car dolly. that thing was the worst. I actually prefer to wheel then into place by hand then hook up lol.

Your kids are doing great

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I think smaller trailers are a pain in the ass. They’ll jackknife in a second..which makes it all the more impressive. my 24ft trailer was extremely easy to back up compared to a car dolly. that thing was the worst. I actually prefer to wheel then into place by hand then hook up lol.

Your kids are doing great
My teardrop is a good example. I always had shorter wheelbase tow vehicles until thecopcar. The tongue length made it very difficult to back up, plus I never was confident in the strength. So, shortly after I got thecopcar, I bought a longer piece of steel, and lengthened the tongue by almost 2 feet. Mo better now.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the day off so thought I’d get some more parts swapped over from the donor truck. The wife is getting tired of it being in our driveway.

Removed the old rusted through bumper off and the hitch with a seized up ball mount and put the bumper and hitch from the donor truck on.
Everything was rusted up so had to cut off all the bolts.:mad:
You can see from the pile of debris, that the truck is a little lighter now. :eek:
B799E87D-120C-4DBE-B9CA-C7C479CD3891.jpeg 50B14252-A0BF-4A49-9700-BC8182E14BD5.jpeg 63477AD7-5A6B-4DD2-AB22-E770BFFEF38F.jpeg 4E5D044B-AB5E-4C68-BE54-172C7840F550.jpeg 9D21AFF6-07B8-4CC7-86B0-13CFCD4F7BDC.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224