Before and after control arm flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a few people questioning the control arm flip. It was a real easy job every thing went real well and lined up great the angle of the ball joint is pretty much perfect now.
image_zpse358e694.jpg
null_zps39505d36.jpg

OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I lowered it the angle of the ball joint was way off in the first picture. Flipping the arms gave me back a natural angle of my ball joint. I didn't want to have to change them out every year, lol

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is truck jacked up in one pic? Axle shaft looks tilted up innone pic while other is straight meaning truck sitting up higher. Maybe im seeimg it wrong

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Definitely helped get the upper ball joint at a better angle. Does suck tho that you even had to do that tho. Belltech spindles being taller has it's downsides.. I know you said it was easy, but still seems like it shouldn't be needed IMO. One thing of McGaughy that I personally think is better.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
angle of axle shaft has changed also? im trying to figure that out. pic looks like axle shaft is higher in one then another

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to have it aligned yet? if you flip them you would also have to change the sides. when you flip it you change the castor angle because your moving the upper ball joint from it's intended position.

OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember on the first picture if it was jacked up, the second pic was sitting on the ground and not settled yet. I put the offset camber kit in and got it close as I could, I have not aligned it yet waiting to change the pitman arm hopefully tomorrow. I can take more pictures if you guys want. I want to make sure everything is good.

Last edited:

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this just to reduce the angle so there's less stress on it so it last longer or does it help drive ability as well? Do you just press ball joint out and press it back in on the other side? Did you have to change UCA bushing? Thanks
Billy

OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes just to reduce the angle, drives no different and you don't have to change the bushings. I put new ones in cause I needed the camber kit. And also yes on just pressing it out and installing from the other side. I bought new ball joints just in case and good thing I did case both boots had a hole in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo