6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok saw some videos about the torque converter spacing. Makes sense.

Anyone know a good source for shims I can get quickly in case I find I need them?

My Circle D converter came with two thicknesses of shims (washers) and one of the two sizes was just right. They're just washers of a good quality that are consistent in thickness. You should be able to find what you need at a well-stocked hardware store. Different grades and materials of washers will be different thicknesses. A digital caliper is your friend here. I used a drop of hot glue to hold the washer to the end of a drill bit so I could position it until I got the bolt started. You gotta use thread locker on the bolts, so plan ahead.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-69#post-1455923

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok great. Looks like bad weather starting at 11 tomorrow so I will postpone a week.

Ill hit up fastenal in the meantime and fix the trans pan.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might just do some of the other odds and ends I've had laying around. I think I have rear swaybar end links and new trackbar bushings to install, I'll tackle that then.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can walk into a dealership tomorrow and pickup something new, but my whole life I've always liked customizing older stuff for some reason. It's more satisfying to me both from a customization perspective and a money one. This build definitely scope creeped pretty high (5k+), but it pales in comparison to buying a new large vehicle that is as capable.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is shifting like butter now with the new pan and fluid. I will drain and refill one more time once the new stall goes in to get it mostly new. I didn't want to do the fluid flush method while by myself.

Another thing I need to tackle is the power steering fluid. As far as I know, that's never been changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid