6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking I will skip the trans cooler lines to save time. Don't wanna get hung up on something like that since I need to get this thing going while it's still barely warm enough.

Oil cooler line will be a simple swap with the engine out and it's def leaking, so I will do that.

Are the trans cooler lines doable later on with a 4x4?

I wasn't ready to replace my trans cooler lines and tried to do it after I got my new engine in. In the end I cut the old ones to get them out and cut the new ones and added 3/8 compression unions back in. Do yourself a favor and do the trans cooler lines with the engine out.

Also based on my recent experience examine your catalytic converters while you can easily see them.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, been decided I will do the lines when the engine is out. My cats are good, they're like new catted Kooks.

I will also be putting back on my Corsa. Was going to sell it and go 3.5, but I think the Kooks into a straight through 3" exhaust will be plenty.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I approve of how your replacing everything when you're in there.

I also agree......building is better then buying.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I approve of how your replacing everything when you're in there.

I also agree......building is better then buying.

Thank you.

Lol, scope creep is real. I just know from experience working on engines for half my life that the thing you didn't replace or you skimped out on always comes back to bite you.

I always spend a little extra and get the better stuff.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Lol, scope creep is real. I just know from experience working on engines for half my life that the thing you didn't replace or you skimped out on always comes back to bite you.

Testifying. Replacing my oil pressure sensor today instead of with the engine on a stand in front of me.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Absolutely, great minds think alike LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700