6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I am leaking oil like crazy. Its either the oil cooler lines or the oil pan gasket. Also the oil cap was very milky, I hope its not coolant getting in the oil. The truck has mainly only been used to drop my son off at school and I havent changed the oil in a while since im doing the 6.2 swap soon anyway. Im wondering if maybe its just old oil combined with truck not running hot enough on regular basis.

20201203_134941.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I am leaking oil like crazy. Its either the oil cooler lines or the oil pan gasket. Also the oil cap was very milky, I hope its not coolant getting in the oil. The truck has mainly only been used to drop my son off at school and I havent changed the oil in a while since im doing the 6.2 swap soon anyway. Im wondering if maybe its just old oil combined with truck not running hot enough on regular basis.

View attachment 263936
Do not like. Good thing you’re already swapping that motor!

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not like. Good thing you’re already swapping that motor!

Yeah seriously.

I am going to start the swap tomorrow since all my parts are here. Any tips? It looks like the hood has to come off? I want to swap my cooler lines while the engine is out too. Looked annoying with it in.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking I will skip the trans cooler lines to save time. Don't wanna get hung up on something like that since I need to get this thing going while it's still barely warm enough.

Oil cooler line will be a simple swap with the engine out and it's def leaking, so I will do that.

Are the trans cooler lines doable later on with a 4x4?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thinking I will skip the trans cooler lines to save time. Don't wanna get hung up on something like that since I need to get this thing going while it's still barely warm enough.

Oil cooler line will be a simple swap with the engine out and it's def leaking, so I will do that.

Are the trans cooler lines doable later on with a 4x4?
I tried doing mine in my 03 while it was on the ground--no go. Do you have access to a lift?

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing my first converter install. Apparently there are possible shims I may need to put in?

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok saw some videos about the torque converter spacing. Makes sense.

Anyone know a good source for shims I can get quickly in case I find I need them?